Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:56:59 PM EDT
Why do most of the pictures I see here of flat top uppers have a standard A2 front sight on them? Is there a problem using a flip down or removeable front sight? Just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Because almost all complete flat top uppers, minus custom builds, come with standard FSBs.  It's just the way it is.  And changing out a standard FSB for a flip up isn't the simplest task in the world.  You really don't need a flip up unless the FSB being in your sight picture bugs you, or you want to be cool.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I am trying to build a complete rifle from scratch and though I would use a flip up or removable front sight.  I just thought it looked better with the flat top upper.  Thanks for the answer, I thought it might be a mechanical thing or something.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I also prefer flip-up sights since it allows an obstructed view from sight to muzzle.  There was a recent Powerpoint slide floating around here showing that SOCOM was moving to the flip-up front sight as part of the SOPMOD improvements.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top