Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:14:44 AM EDT
Does anyone know if they will be bringing out a civilian model?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, both upper and complete weapon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, When? If any idea.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably at the SHOT Show

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Aren't they taking down payments?  $2,000 bucks or something?

<snicker>
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Aren't they taking down payments?  $2,000 bucks or something?

<snicker>

Now you are starting to make those DSA piston driven AR-15s look like a bargain!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Stickman, when did that happen? Everything I`ve read stated H&K wasn`t going to make a civie version. How will they get around the barrel and receiver import ban? I thought they scaled down their factory plans after the XM-8 got the axe.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How will they get around the barrel and receiver import ban? I thought they scaled down their factory plans after the XM-8 got the axe.

Thats exactly what I've been wondering about too.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How will they get around the barrel and receiver import ban? I thought they scaled down their factory plans after the XM-8 got the axe.

Thats exactly what I've been wondering about too.  

Same Question Here

All I have read says that nothing for us civies.

Can you post your source?

BTW, hope you are right & I'm wrong !!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Better than or equal to POF or LW???

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No kidding?

The HK haters are gonna.......well.......hate this

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding?

The HK haters are gonna.......well.......hate this

WIZZO

Actually, it will make me an HK lover!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my HK's (as my MK23's and usp's can attest to) But $2000 is outrageous, even for the whole gun, get a LW, the operating sytem is very simlar and they are actually lighter. Plus I doubt the HK's could be any more accurate, and the LW can be switched back to DI by simply replacing the piston assembly with a gas tube and changing the bolt carrier, if it ever became necessary to do so. (that last part is an appeal to those of us with a high TFH quotient).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Good grief. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to some of you.

The first responder was kidding, there will be no civilian HK's.  

Learn to regognize internet sarcasam already.   head.gif

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good grief. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to some of you.

The first responder was kidding, there will be no civilian HK's.  

Learn to regognize internet sarcasam already.  

I don't think that was sarcasm...

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, Stickman? Was it sarcasm? Are getting us all worked up for nothing? Or is this a "true"rumor?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#16]
It can't be true...

I don't believe it...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]
HK will come around. It will take time to trust that they wont get screwed by another ban (because every ban has directly f*%cked them in some way. SIG has a new civilian carbine, FN has 3 in the works. There is no way HK will stay on the sidelines forever
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
HK will come around. It will take time to trust that they wont get screwed by another ban (because every ban has directly f*%cked them in some way. SIG has a new civilian carbine, FN has 3 in the works. There is no way HK will stay on the sidelines forever

I agree now but, the last I heard was that HK had no plans to release any civilian military style rifles and I doubt they could come around so quickly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]
The barrel ban ought to take care of any importation for sale to civilians.  The ban is killing AK kits even though some people (read: idiots) think that the fact that some quantities will be imported for repair or replacement only will give them every right to build new rifles with them.

Anyway, basically that new law states that if the rifle isn't importable, then any barrel from that rifle is not importable.  I guess they could import the uppers and we could install Bushmaster barrels.   Wouldn't that be nice for the Colt guys?  Bushmaster M4 barrels in H&K 416 uppers?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top