Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 8:10:15 PM EDT
I'm interested in getting one of their m4 uppers and was wandering if anyone had any experience with them.  Maybe someone could give me the pros and cons of these.  I would also like to hear ya'lls opions about which lower to get to match this upper.hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the best around, try checking the Feedback Section
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are referring to their BCM (their own brand) M4 barreled uppers, you'll be getting a true mil spec upper in every respect- F marked FSB, 4150, 1/7, fully chrome lined, gov profile, HPT and MPI barrel, M4 feed ramps, and LASER etched T-marked picatinny rail. If you get the CMT MPI bolt to go with it, it'll be the best complete upper money can buy (well, at least, per the spec on paper anyway).

The best part- it's a great company to deal with.

ETA: When I purchased the BCM 20" upper from Grant of G&R Tactical, CMT upper receiver was used. If that is still the case, a Stag/CMT lower should match nicely (if the deer head trade mark doesn't bother you). Don't know what you meant by matching the lower to the upper. If you were talking about matching the finishing color, who cares, man? It's a firearm, a tool; not a purse. But hey, that's just me. To each his own.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys guys.  What about the lower which ones seem to match up good with the fit and finish of the bcm upper?

Thanks
Adam
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
See my ETA above. Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, CMT and anyone who makes a mil spec lower should fit just perfect. My BCM 20" upper fits the Bushmaster lower just fine. The color is a bit off but that bothers me not. Fit and function are a must and not much else. IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you function is by far more important than looks, but if I could get some opions from people that own them then I could get both function and look.  They don't have to be an exact match or anything I just don't want one to be light grey and one dark black like some I saw at the gun show yesterdayhug.gif.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Paul does not screw around when it comes to anything and you should never have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They don't have to be an exact match or anything I just don't want one to be light grey and one dark black like some I saw at the gun show yesterday.

If they are still using CMT uppers, I would think a Stag/CMT lower has the best chance of getting the finishing color to match closely. However, I would think that color will still differ from batch to batch even by the same maker.

It's hard to get an accurate representation without natural lighting- but here's what I meant by the color between the Bushmaster and the CMT being "a bit off." Pay particular attention to the area around the bolt latch where there's least amount of over exposure. In my view, we're splittin' hair here when talking about the color being a bit off.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top