Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:16:01 AM EDT
I just wanted to relate a story about Midwest Industries's customer service.  A month ago I bought one of their MCTAR-17C rails for my Colt 6721.  I received the rail in the mail, immediately installed it, and had short window of time to get to the range to test out the weapon and rail.  I was in a hurry and didn't bother to install rail covers.  I got the range before a big storm and did some shooting and firing/moving with the weapon and new rail.  I lost balance, fell down, and wound up driving the rail and a 20 round magazine into a concrete apron.  I checked the rail and noticed chunks of metal missing and the finish too.  I emailed Troy at MI and told him about my stupid move and asked him I could buy another bottom rail to replace the damaged one.  Troy promptly emailed me back and said give him a call.  I called the following friday and he said ship the bottom rail in and he would swap it out with a 99 percent condition lower rail used on demo models free of charge.  To make a long story short, I got the rail back today and it is brand new.  I know of no other businesses that would allow you to screw up their products and then replace them free of charge.  MI even shipped the rail back to me on their dime.  

I thought since they are a sponsor of this site, the members of this forum should not hesitate to purchase a product from MI because they have awesome customer service.  Thanks Troy, You made my week.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Now that is service!

My dealings with Troy have been top notch as well. He is one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
My experience as well.  I bought a #17 and was having some trouble getting it to fit just right.  I live close so I called him and he said to bring in my upper.

He spent a good 45 min to an hour helping me out showing me the shop and some prototypes.....VERY good guy!  I can't say enough!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
My experience as well.  I bought a #17 and was having some trouble getting it to fit just right.  I live close so I called him and he said to bring in my upper.

He spent a good 45 min to an hour helping me out showing me the shop and some prototypes.....VERY good guy!  I can't say enough!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Same here!  I had purchased one of their Rear Flip up sights and had problems getting it to snug down on my carbine.  I called MI and talked with Troy.  He told me to send it back to him and it would get taken care of.  It ended up being my mistake (when they say tighten it...they mean TIGHTEN it!), but they fixed up the sight and even threw in a freebie and mailed it back on their dime.  

Great customer service.  They will definately be getting my business again.  Great products, great company, and great employees that is a winning combo.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I could have told you how good they are....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Heh...I think that seals it. If I get a rail system for the M4 project, it'll definately be from MI.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently bought an mcstar 17 in the EE

I couldn't pass on the price compared to the competition.

They're also the only manufacturers making rails for the ar180b, a rifle we canucks are stuck using for hunting or any other off range use.

Now if we could get a Canadian distributor....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Midwest is great. I ordered a bunch of spare AR parts from them last Thursday. The package went out the same day, and I received it yesterday (Monday). They even beat Brownells on their delivery.

I will definitely use them again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad to hear that as I am getting ready order a BUNCH of stuff from them
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#11]
A few months ago I bought an Troy Industries MRF-C.

After installation, I noticed the bottom rail had slight movement and wasn't as snug as it should have been. After a phone call and a ship, Troy had installed a new bottom rail and it was good to go. No hassle, no headache.

Very excellent experience with Troy Industries and I recommend them to everyone looking for a product type they offer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top