Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:11:06 AM EDT
around here? I used the search function so don't flame me on that. I just dont want to go to the gun show and get overcharged.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
CTD has a pack of 3 for $10
DPMS also has em
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN has em for 1.99.  Course you'll pay shipping on top of that.  Not sure what you mean by 'Around here'

http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/acrecfitpin.html

Shawn
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
RRA sells them but they they say you won't need it so buy it for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got one thrown in the junk drawer,IM me your address and I'll throw it in an envelope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
dennysguns
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, hijack this thread. Does the Accu-wedge really make a difference? I have handled a couple of AR's and I noticed some play between the upper and the lower. Does the wedge remove this play?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, hijack this thread. Does the Accu-wedge really make a difference? I have handled a couple of AR's and I noticed some play between the upper and the lower. Does the wedge remove this play?

Yeah, but sometimes it makes it nearly impossible to get the rear pin out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but sometimes it makes it nearly impossible to get the rear pin out.

If you try to install a normal accuwedge in a high shelf receiver, you'll end up with something extremely tight.  If you install it in a standard shelf receiver, it works fine.  It takes up any rattle you might have that you don't like.  It doesn't make the rifle any more accurate than without.  It's a feel good item.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It takes up any rattle you might have that you don't like.  It doesn't make the rifle any more accurate than without.  It's a feel good item.

well right now mine rattles a lot compared to when I first got it, and I don't want to go to the gun show and see them for $5.00 a pop from the one guy that I know sells them at the Greensboro show. We shall see if its a "feel good item" or not. if it does what its supposed to do then I will have a better knowledge base to opine with, but untill then.....

thanks Tread, I'll let you know when I get it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Accuwedge = P.I.T.A.

Brand X "Tension Pin" = more expensive P.I.T.A.

Size #41 O-ring slipped over the front lug of your upper = desired effect for cheap.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for using an o-ring.   just visit your local hardware store.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#13]
On my RRA lower there is NO WAY you could have closed the upper on a std Accu Wedge.  I had to trim most of the lower seat off to have any chance of closing the upper. It's still damn tight and a PITA.  For hunting I leave it out.

rj
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
the accuwedge can be trimmed.

the front o-ring is for those who dont shoot often cause everytime i pivot the upper it cuts the o-ring and would cut it sometimes when closing the upper.

the accuwedge does its job fine, taking the play from the recievers
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
around here? I used the search function so don't flame me on that. I just dont want to go to the gun show and get overcharged.

Shoot me an IM..I have one here that you can have for free...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#16]
 The Accuwedge puts pressure on a steel pin going through two pieces of aluminum. Could cause undue wear on Aluminum parts. Just my .02 YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
 The Accuwedge puts pressure on a steel pin going through two pieces of aluminum. Could cause undue wear on Aluminum parts. Just my .02 YMMV.

thats why you trim the wedge so its just right.

if what you say is right everyone should dump there rock river arms lowers too cause there reciver fitment is tight as hell!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats why you trim the wedge so its just right.

if what you say is right everyone should dump there rock river arms lowers too cause there reciver fitment is tight as hell!

Everybody who decides to dump their RRA lowers can send them to me.  I will mail you a copy of my guy's FFL and you can send me those POS RRA lowers.  I will even pay shipping.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It takes up any rattle you might have that you don't like.  It doesn't make the rifle any more accurate than without.  It's a feel good item.

well right now mine rattles a lot compared to when I first got it, and I don't want to go to the gun show and see them for $5.00 a pop from the one guy that I know sells them at the Greensboro show. We shall see if its a "feel good item" or not. if it does what its supposed to do then I will have a better knowledge base to opine with, but untill then.....

thanks Tread, I'll let you know when I get it.

There's a guy up the road from me who sells them for the low price of $16 each!!  I almost fell over when he told me $16, NO THANKS!!!  sheesh, the nerve...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#20]
+1 for the o-ring on the front lug.  

Nearly invisible, same color as the gun, cheap, easy to close the upper and push in the take-down pin, and effectively eliminates the upper-to-lower looseness.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Use these if you want to shim your upper...

Earplugs can bs found free everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmmm.  I just put a new accuwedge in my Bushy 20".  It was so tight, I barely got the receivers together.  I'm looking at the new one side-by-side my old one (which was never as much of a P.I.T.A.) and it is a bit shorter in height.  The 2 little "nubs" on the rear portion seem to be much larger than the old one.  How many companies make these things?  

--VT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Accuwedge = P.I.T.A.

Brand X "Tension Pin" = more expensive P.I.T.A.

Size #41 O-ring slipped over the front lug of your upper = desired effect for cheap.

+1 on the o-ring.  I was having slop problems with a DPMS upper on a RRA lower.  Saw this suggestion and purchased a 7/16"ID x 9/16"OD x 1/16" o-ring and draped it around front lug of upper...slop gone!  Works great.  Cost=25 cents.  Mine was a #13 o-ring.  Give it a try.

B2AR15
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top