Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:29:10 PM EDT
Got my Bushmaster 14.5" 1/7 bbl with permanantly attached Phantom FS in the mail today.  Replaced my 16" heavy barrel.  Man, I really like the 14.5", and now I have a true M4gery.  It also handles really nice.  Should get a chance to shoot it with the new barrel tomorrow.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Very sexy.

Same exact barrel I got except its wearing a vortex.  Very accurate barrel.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great. hedAnyways, good job on the swap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I was able to get to the range today, and the new barrel shoots like a champ.  XM193 shot awesome, and the Black Hills 68 gr. OTM shot even better.  Pretty much just a ragged hole at 50 yards.  I am very pleased with this barrel.  Bushmaster makes some top notch stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
How much weight did you save? I have a hbar right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Got my Bushmaster 14.5" 1/7 bbl with permanantly attached Phantom FS in the mail today.  Replaced my 16" heavy barrel.  Man, I really like the 14.5", and now I have a true M4gery.  It also handles really nice.  Should get a chance to shoot it with the new barrel tomorrow.

img96.imageshack.us/img96/456/ar1452rj.jpg

except for the sight (aimpoint here) that looks like my rifle
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How much weight did you save? I have a hbar right now.

I believe the difference in barrel weight is about a half a pound.  It doesn't sound like much, but you can feel it.  I used to not think it was that much different, because all I would do is pick up a gov't. profile at a gunshow and see what it felt like, and it didn't seem that much different.  That doesn't give you a good feeling for much weight difference there is.  If you hold onto the rifle for a while and walk around with it, it feels a lot lighter.  Really, the only reason I got an HBAR in the first place was because I really wanted an AR, it was right after the ban, and that's what they had.  I was originally looking for an M4 but settled on the HBAR carbine.    
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just about to do this myself. Having a 14.5" Bushie with Phantom put into my RRA Entry Tactical. Yours looks good man!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm just about to do this myself. Having a 14.5" Bushie with Phantom put into my RRA Entry Tactical. Yours looks good man!

Thanks.  You'll love it.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top