Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:00:32 PM EDT
I have had a REALLY bad experience with a well known tactical equipement distributor. They have tried to get me to accept a cheap knock-off instead of the literally world famous tactical equipment I ordered. I would very much like to share this as a cautionary tale with the other A%15 members, but would like to know your thoughts before I post names and particulars. But I have cold busted a well known supplier in a fraudulent transaction. And the product is a protective item....

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Give him a chance to make it right. If you can't come up with a peacful resolution, tell the distributor you're going to "out him" on Arfcom.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop posting in every forum.......
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a mod, but you're going to need to go to the Equipment Exchange. In that section, there is a place specifically for feedback. The icon you need to click is in the upper right hand corner of your screen (Equipment Exchange), but I'll give you a direct link. Click >HERE<.

I hope they're willing to correct things and good luck.

ETA: Try and work it out first. If they did in fact goof the order and are unwilling to fix the problem, only then should you make a scene about their company. If it's an ArfCom dealer, you have a 99.9% chance they will make things right.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I guess I have posted this in enough places. Sorry folsk if I annoyed anyonewith the triple posting, but I am new to AR15, but not new to tactical equipment and I feel pretty strongly about someone trying to ripp me off. Lives are literally at stake...Here is a summation of the situation:

I sent a message to one of the mods. Yes, it was armor. I ordered RBR products from the distributor involved and I was sent some cheap crappy polyethelyne garbage that they tried to pass off as RBR. Fact: I know RBR products when I see them and they should have a logo and serial number. I called RBR and spoke with the President of the company, James Scovell and he confirmed that what I described was NOT an RBR product and that yes, RBR products do in fact have their logo and other nomenclature. Fact: I ordered 4 RBR plates from this distributor on TWO seperate orders. BOTH orders were the cheap crap, not RBR. They at first claimed that that was RBR product and that they "ship what they send us". I then called RBR again and they re-confirmed that I did not receive RBR product. PERIOD. I then called the owner of this distributor and he claimed it was all a big mistake and offered to send me "something better". Fact: I am going to be this companies worst nightmare. I am calling my Visa, RBR, the Feds since this guy sells to the .gov and .mil and let evey one know that this guy tried to rip me off not once but twice. I am going to get my money and then get the plates from RBR direct. I wanted RBR for a good G** Damn reason: It is world class gear. If I wanted cheap crap I would have bought cheap crappy plates for something less than the $1600.00 in total I spent! Yes, I said $1600.00. Until I get approval from the Mods, I am not going to say the name of the distributor, but once they do, I am going to tell all here and at other forums.

As I mention, the owner says it is all a big mistake that they just made a mistake. BS! If they made it once, fine, but twice? One order and shipment came yesterday and the other today, Thursday, Jan 26. And Like I say, I spoke with RBR and they admit to a problem with this distributor and that I did not receive RBR product. I am convinced the owner tried to get over on me hoping I was some airsofter or some hillbilly who would not know better(nothing against hillbillies). I will send the plates back Friday and I am going to expect a prompt credit. But I really belive everyone needs to hear this cautionary tale of woe from a distributor who is mentioned on almost all forums here.

MODS-feel free to duplicate whatever posts you tink is appropriate. Like I say, I originally posted in Tac Gear but did not get a response. Thanks all. This is a great forum.

SEMPER FI!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Locked until Staff has a chance to assist in this.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top