Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:30 PM EDT
No its not that either, Sheesh, You guys need to get your mind out of the gutter.
Ok Was plunging around in the attic a couple months ago and found a muzzle lite bull pup stock for the Ruger 10/22 that I had purchased a few years back. One of those oh cool I will buy it and then buy a gun to put in it latter.
Well I forgot about it and did buy a 10/22 to play with and maybe do some add ons. Like a carbon bull barrel or the take town kit.
I put this together, I need to get some new screws as the ones are now rusty and could look better. A trip to Ace Hardware in a few days will cure that.
So I also found a AimPoint Red dot Scope model 1000 laying around and slapped it on it.
Its cool and very accurate and was thinking about selling it but wifey picked it up tonight and looked at it and she wants it. No She doesnt want my gun but rather the Riffle in the bull pup configuration.
Here are some pics.
If she doesnt give it up tonight I am going to sell the riffle

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Now all you need is a nice kydex thigh rig for those salt and pepper shakers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The really great thing about this thread was that the rifle is based on parts he found lying around the house.  For crying out loud I can't even but together a pair of socks from my sock drawer and mrassII can do this!?!  YIKES!!!

Dan
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks fun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Start saving cause when she gets sick of it youll be buying her an AR....and then a conversion for .22s when she realizes how fun her old .22 was but can get that fun out of the AR as well...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I built one of those about 10-11 years ago.  Everybody thought it was 'tactikewl' at the range.  However the Height over bore issue really sucked with the .22lr, the scope mount was a joke (hint NEVER remove it), and the sights were a disaster.  

Great for dicking around on an indoor range where you will only be shooting at a set distance every time - other than that it got frustrating.

Edited to addOh yeah my wife really 'digged it' as well.  She thought it was great fun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that height over bore like 3 feet? Jeeezz man!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
saluki450 said it in his post, about building it with parts you found in the attic.  It's like getting a new toy for free.  I'd keep it, and start building her an AR.  Those bullpup 10-22's are fun to play with, and are cool toy's, after awhile it's like second nature, your on target without trying.  I wish I had those kinds of extra parts, just lying around collecting dust, waiting to be found, again.

I think what you have is a Good Deal.  Have fun with it.

Chief
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
mrassII, you do realize that this is an AR15 Discussion forum and not a Ruger 10/22 Discussion technical forum, correct?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh, build her an AR

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
a friend built one not too long ago.

thought it sucked big time! flimsy, loose, everything made of plastic and the trigger mechanism is crap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Tough crowd  today huh ....
Sell it and buy her a purse.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Way "More Better"!!   Bill T.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tough crowd  today huh ....

Sell it and buy her a purse.

same thing my wife would suggest
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought for some strange reason there'd be a fucking AR15 in this thread...

DUH!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#18]
There is a 10/22 forum or did you not know that???
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought for some strange reason there'd be a fucking AR15 in this thread...

DUH!

Quoted:
mrassII, you do realize that this is an AR15 Discussion forum and not a Ruger 10/22 Discussion technical forum, correct?

Quoted:
There is a 10/22 forum or did you not know that???

Sorry didnt know that there was a 10/22 forum, and this is considered a clone of an Ar-15 BullPup. So I didnt see the harm in posting it.
Sorry you have nothing better to do then to shed tears over my post. I wish I had your time on my hands.
So here is a pic of my AR-15 and I can send you some tissues, Just send me your address

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I love it when someone makes a mistake and has to start blaming or attacking other people when they point it out.

The 10/22 bullpup is in no way a clone of an AR15 bull pup.  A bull pup is a type of rifle.  What your rifle has in common with an AR15 is that they both can be changed from a real rifle as they were designed into some sort of frankenstein bullpup that should have never left the drawing board.  

Will you need tissues now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I love it when someone makes a mistake and has to start blaming or attacking other people when they point it out.

The 10/22 bullpup is in no way a clone of an AR15 bull pup.  A bull pup is a type of rifle.  What your rifle has in common with an AR15 is that they both can be changed from a real rifle as they were designed into some sort of frankenstein bullpup that should have never left the drawing board.  

There is an AR-15 Bullpup???
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, that Bushmaster thingy that they started their company with.  The first logos were the silly bullpup thing.

M17S

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Boy you are a piece of work, Yea Thats what I did alright, I started blamming others and attacking.
Come back down to earth, I dont know what planet you are visiting.
So If I was to add a 22 conversion upper to my AR then I would not have a true AR anymore as it would be modified from its original form. So then by your rules it should be in a 22 forum.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy you are a piece of work, Yea Thats what I did alright, I started blamming others and attacking.
Come back down to earth, I dont know what planet you are visiting.
So If I was to add a 22 conversion upper to my AR then I would not have a true AR anymore as it would be modified from its original form. So then by your rules it should be in a 22 forum.

Well actually yes, it would belong in the Rimfire and Pistol Calibers forum!  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
definitely IBTL now!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
definitely IBTL now!

ok what does that meen
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
definitely IBTL now!

ok what does that meen

It means that the mods will most likely lock the thread when it is off topic and or gets ugly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#28]
In Before The Lock.

Someone seems to think the maturity level has dropped a little too far.  

They'd probably just usually move a topic like this but since it's gotten a little ugly, maybe they'll just lock it.

And yes, I did consider the following to be an attack on the other guy:

Sorry you have nothing better to do then to shed tears over my post. I wish I had your time on my hands.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]
IBTL...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Nah it wont be thread locked, they love it when the swarm comes out to chew up on the unknowing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
In Before The Lock.

Someone seems to think the maturity level has dropped a little too far.  

They'd probably just usually move a topic like this but since it's gotten a little ugly, maybe they'll just lock it.

And yes, I did consider the following to be an attack on the other guy:

well wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Seems you dont think that just maybe that you may have been the one that came into a post and may have just maybe provoked the situation or just maybe started the attack first. NO that  couldnt be the case could it. Never, you would never have done that. Instead of everyone just enjoying the post and the picture that just maybe that you could be the one who started the uglyness first. I bet that never crossed your mind did it.
Someone seems to think the maturity level has dropped a little too far? That was a question right. I would really take a look at your comments to answere your own question. After all I didnt come into your post and start on you about the topic. Seems this was my post and I stated my opinion of your responce.
So what ever you think, I really dont care at this point. And what ever your thoughts are doesnt affect me on my end. See I have this little icon on my computer screen that says " shut down"
Nite all
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#32]
IBTL, bitches
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I need bleach for my eyes now thank you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#34]
ot
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top