Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:41:12 AM EDT
I've got a Jard AR15 1.5lbs adjustable trigger installed in my BushMaster VMatch 20", and it's REALLY nice. Single stage, crisp, 1.5lbs pull.
If you have a tac-driver setup, this is IMHO the best trigger for the price ($120).
A few notes about the install, that was painless in my Bushy.
First thing the check is that the handgrip screw hole is threaded all the way up to the receiver cavity.
In my Bushy that was the case, even if I had to open it a little bit by forcing the screw supplied by Jard, because of little aliminum flakes present in the threading. In the unforunate case the threading does not go all the way up, an 1/4 28 tap would easily do it.
But again, in my receiver the threading was there and it took me 10 seconds to clear the aluminum flakes.
I suggest to NOT use the loctite supplied by Jard, even if it is the blue version. I used women nail varnish instead.
In either cases, do not follow the Jard instructions and apply the loctite (or varnish) before the install. Do a dry-run before instead.
Just follow the instruction and install the trigger without any loctite, and verify it works fine.
Once you get to know all the steps, remove the trigger, apply the loctite/varnish and set it up again. This will avoid you to lose time learning the trigger while the loctite/varnish is getting hold of your tiny screws.
It should not take more than one minute to adjust all the screws.
The more painful is the over-travel screw, since you have to install/remove the hammer to verify it. But from the bottom-flat position, it took me only a couple of iterations to do it.
After that, you'll enjoy a really light and crisp single stage trigger

- Ice

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good post and thanks for the info.

I have had a practice of leaving my triggers as is to this point

But I have had an itch to have a precision set up in one of mine and will look further into this one

You may get better interaction on this in the Build it Yourself, or Precision AR forums

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top