Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:42 PM EDT
I posted this in a different forum, but got very little input, so I'm trying here  Hey
Thanks for all those that chimed, or are chiming in. I'm a total n00b when it comes to AR stuff, so all help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Want cost effective?  Just replace your A2 upper with a flattop using your existing barrel.  Then sell the A2 upper on the EE and recoup most (if not all) the costs.

Lots of options when building a 'tack driver'.  Personally I'd get an Oly SUM or DPMS upper before going to J&T.

Oh yes you can use the charging handle and bolt carrier for a new upper.  Generally you don't want to be swapping bolts back and forth as it increases wear and you could get into an excessive headspace issue after a while.  Best bet is to buy a new bolt for the new upper assembly.

However if you just get a new upper receiver (keeping the old barrel) then you wouldn't need a new bolt eh?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top