Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 1:12:29 PM EDT
A friend of mine just finished building his new AR, he ordered it with a chrome bolt and bolt carrier and got the Young Manufacturing NM bolt and bolt carrier.  It's a good looking setup but we can't figure out how to get it apart.  I would assume that it comes apart the same way the standard b/bc's in my AR's come apart, but when I pull the cotter pin, firing pin and cam pin, the bolt won't pull free of the carrier, it feels like there's something solid holding it.  The gun just got several hundred rounds put through it and he'd like to take it apart to clean it and I don't want to tell him to force it out.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]

pull harder.  it comes apart exactly as you would expect it would.

ps
those of you thinking, "what a shit-ass bling bling carrier!", please refer to
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=256488
and then go argue your case with Wes at MSTN.

ar-jedi

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top