Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:28:11 AM EDT
I have a DPMS Upper that I want to build into a complete rifle. It is going to be for sale so am I better off to shell out a little more for a DPMS Lower and keep it all DPMS or save some money and get a mega, superior, or stag?  What will get me the most money when I sell it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Normally your not going to get what you put into the rifle.  Save your money and sell it as is.  You'll save more in the long run.  Why are you selling?  To get another?

Max
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Normally your not going to get what you put into the rifle.  Save your money and sell it as is.  You'll save more in the long run.  Why are you selling?  To get another?

Max

Just sell the upper?  I found a carrier group for $115 and M4 DPMS lower for $225 $30FFl
$370 plus around $400 for lower $770 Lo-rider SS BB with low round count. Does that seem high? I would like to sell it locally because the market is nuts(crappy brands bring $1000+ just becuase its an AR)

As stated above I found a nice DPMS lower deal from Ameetec Arms for $225.  So unless something is grossly wrong with dpms lowers Im set.

Im selling it to pay credit card bills. I have my multipurpose m4gery and simply cannot afford another AR. Especially one that needs a good hunk of glass on the top of it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he's saying why don't you just sell the upper.  Why would you buy more stuff to just turn around and sell that too?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think he's saying why don't you just sell the upper.  Why would you buy more stuff to just turn around and sell that too?

I was hoping to get a little more for it. Everyone were I live seems to be to dumb to put one together so I figured I could sell it for alittle more and I also havent got alot of hits on the upper.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't make this sort of thing (building a rifle just to sell it) a frequent practice, or the ATF may pay you a visit if you happen to make it on their radar screen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't make this sort of thing (building a rifle just to sell it) a frequent practice, or the ATF may pay you a visit if you happen to make it on their radar screen.

Im not just simply trying to unload the one I got in a trade. Again I would LOVE to keep it but simply need to pay the bills and know how these things need accessories
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not just simply trying to unload the one I got in a trade. Again I would LOVE to keep it but simply need to pay the bills and know how these things need accessories

OK....  It just sounded like you were building a rifle JUST to sell it.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
So I have yet to have my question answered. Should I for sure get DPMS everything or just go with whats cheap?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
IMHO, most people buying a gun new would prefer to have it all the same brand. People who frequently build their own may not care if uppers and lowers don't match. It sounds as if people in the area you are talking about will worry about it not being all one brand. Either won't buy a "mutt" gun or will try and talk you down on price. So.......

Gun to keep for yourself: build whatever you want with whatever brands you want

Gun to sell to someone not all that familiar with AR's: match everything up to put their mind at ease

Just my .02
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, if your going to sell it, and you said most people around there are too stupid to build it, they might also be too stupid to know that parts from different makers will work together.  I'd say get a DPMS lower and then just get the cheapest parts to finish if off (internals, stock, etc).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
good deal Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top