Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:10 AM EDT
I have a Armalite carbine and I want to replace the front handguards with a rail system. The problem is that Armalite is back ordered by 60 days on their 1913 handguard. And a second problem is that their carbine handguards are not the same size as M4 handguards, so what is the solution. If I cannot get handguards that fit the Carbine from Armalite, is there another manufacturer that makes them?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a search for Yankee Hill Manufacturing. I have their four railed HG and like it a lot. There is another mfgr out there who build a similar rail, but the name slips my mind at the moment. I’m sure someone will come along and chime in with the name!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The Handguard set you want is referred to as a 'shorty' handguard, the part# is 10705112kit.  It will fit your M4 style Carbine.  

We have them in stock, please call in and order
1-800-336-0184 Ext. 115
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
there are many railed handguards available from: Larue, Daniel Defense, ARMS, KAC, YHM, VLTOR, and others I'm sure I've missed.

Depending on your budget it's hard to beat LaRue or Daniel Defense for light weight and sturdiness in a free float design(solid as a rock on both accounts). ($250-$325 depending on model)

The ARMS design is considered outdated by some and therefore overly pricey, but does free float the barrel and is relatively simple to install. ($350-$400)

KAC is good stuff if you can find it...again, kind of pricey ($325 and up)

YHM is quite a bit cheaper yet there's a commensurate weight penalty. (std railed $100, free floated $125).  Their non-free floated rail is a tight fit, but loosens up under continuous use of a vertical fore grip.  Their free float design is good, but better may be had.

there are many informative threads here that can help you with your search.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Problem solved! I just placed an order with LaRue for one of their 9 inch forends. It is more difficult to install, but I believe will offer better stability and free float the barrel and most importantly, it will not come loose over time.

Semper Fi!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top