Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:20:52 PM EDT

That first picture was for all those who hate scopes on carry handles.

Secondly, I know the groups aren't exactly stunning but some of that was user error, believe me.  My scope really didn't like those targets.  I think I prefer just orange dots.  But for me, it's pretty good and could probably get better.  It is very acceptable for Defensive Ammo though and I'm excited about that.  I'm sure some of you can shoot these things one right through the other but thought I'd share anyways.

BTW, I love this carbine.  I don't know what it is, and I'm sure some of you wont agree but this thing is smoother than the Colt A2 20" I had and my Dad's Recce.  It might be that I'm just prejudice but I swear this thing handles like a dream.  And another thing,  I don't here the sproing quite as much with this carbine.  Hmmmmm.........

And Tom, if you're reading this, sorry you couldn't make it.!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nice!

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What make/ model is it?  Give us some intel.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What make/ model is it?  Give us some intel.....

I am honored that such a man  with  as many fine weapons as you have would ask.

RRA Lower with 2 stager trigger and of course the 6 pos stock
An ADCO built "Match Carbine" upper which consists of a
7" M4 Daniel Defense free floater rail system
1/8 wilson 16" SS barrel with an A2 flash hider
I'm not sure who's front sight base is, I'm assuming an RRA
White Oak Armory Reciever with bolt, carrier, and charging handle
RRA A2 detachable carry handle

And for the scope a Leupy VXI 2 x 7 mounted on an ARMS #2 weaver style mount and super cheap rings from Springfield Armory.

Oh yeah, and  an OD sling I got with my CMP Garand with a larue sling attachment.  

I know it's plain yet.  I like stuff simple and I'm cheap / broke, so I'm not sure how much more stuff it'll be getting.  Maybe a light?  A foregrip?  An Aimpoint?  An acog?  I don't know.  Ammo and mags are what I'm really interested in right now.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know it's plain yet.  I like stuff simple and I'm cheap / broke, so I'm not sure how much more stuff it'll be getting.  Maybe a light?  A foregrip?  An Aimpoint?  An acog?  I don't know.  Ammo and mags are what I'm really interested in right now.

YES! nice rifle by the way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
here's my 5shot group with blackhills blue box 68gr.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/cfeklikewhoa/groups/IMG_0424.jpg

Heh. PFF!

But can you do that after a six pack?

Kidding
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh. PFF!

Kidding

try a 12
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
thats a fine looking rifle, and nice groups
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:09:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Excellent grouping; Hmmm, I will have to buy a box of Black Hill 68s and try it out on my AR (once I can complete it). I have to stockpile on my ammo anyways, so I'll be checking that brand over at Apopka later today. Thanks for the showing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I love these pictures of BAD A$$ rifles on lace doilies.  Get a spot of oil on the tablecloth and get thrown out of the house...

WAIT, then I could go shooting!  Thanks for the idea!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#12]
my upper LOVES black hills 68gr eklikwhoa once again punks me for having pics when I do not.

You use the normal MHP or the moly coated?  I shot some moly just for groups, and it seems like the groups were slightly tighter but that could just be me feeling me wheaties not the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh. PFF!

Kidding

Or in 32 degree weather?  You'd freeze your Florida hands off up here and your groups would open up to 5".  I'm just teasing.  Your probably from up north anyways!!!! When I grow up maybe I'll be able to shoot like that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top