BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
How are their Upper's
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of their XM177 kits. The upper is fine. Shoots great. If you're looking for chrome lined read and make sure what your ordering is chrome lined, because not all of their uppers are.

My only complaint is their LPK left a lot to be desired, the trigger was downright shitty even for a military style weapon. I replaced the FCG recently.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]

I've been perfectly satisfied with the upper I bought from them.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
tag...

I'm on the verge of a purchase of a 20" varmint upper.  either M1S vs RRA
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a complete upper from them. The carrier I purchased doesn't appear to be staked all that well either ...I'll make sure it is done properly before I fire it for the first time.  It is a full circle semi-auto carrier with shrouded firing pin ... it's a nice carrier ... except for the staking job ...   The upper itself is very nice ... the receiver looks exactly like my Colt and CMT receiver ... front site and barrel look great.  Haven't fired it yet ...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a few parts from them for a 9mm build, I had no issues with them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard mostly good things--with occasional problems. You're going to have a few issues when you get a discount price.

Another option on "discount" AR uppers and such: you might want to try J & T. They are sponsers/contributors to the site. Just go to the Industry section. Based on a lot of feedback from a lot of people here, you'd be better off going with them for discount AR stuff.  

Good people, good product, and good customer service.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been pleased with my upper kit. But, yes BUT, I had issues with my bolt, (broken, do a search) and my carrier was not staked very well. Went loose after around 200 rounds. Luckily I had a punch and a hammer with me.  So, if you do buy an upper from them, or a complete upper kit, be weary of their bolts and bolt carriers.... Other than that, My A2-16" shoots great.  I just replaced the bad bolt with a RRA. Would I buy from them again? No way. You can put together similar kits from more well know and trusted outfits and only spend a few dollars more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
2 16" kits (1 Dissy, 1 Carbine). No issues.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
abut 4 years ago..i purchased 24" SS Bull Barrel upper
Barrel shoots awesome!!!

but Sling stud for harris bipod in front of the FF handguard was off center..they drill the stud hole 1/2 inches to the right....also shipping took like 2 mont
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bought several uppers from them... all were excellent, reliable/accurate, good price and I got great service too (very fast, right first time). I avoid their LPKs (which are a bit ragged), and you need to check their BCs for burrs (can chew up the buffer face). I think they get a bad rap here from the ABC snobs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
For those of you who described a carrier key stake problem, can you please post photos to show this?   I'm not real clear on the problem.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Buy from someone who supports this board; there are a ton to chose from and they'll give you just a good a deal as M1S (if not better, both the price and product) and the customer service will be second to none. I as well as countless others here promise you that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:11:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Just like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
With the exception of RRA, which is affordable and trusted.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For those of you who described a carrier key stake problem, can you please post photos to show this?   I'm not real clear on the problem.

Thanks.

No pics, but Problem statement is basicly the one I bought,  the scews were not locktited and the stakes were very shallow and from the top rather than from the side.

Gas key worked loose and had 2 FTE's within about 150 rounds. Other than that I have been pleased with it's accuracy (ER Shaw Thin Profile BBL and upper running on a Stag/CMT lower) It's the wifes rifle and for ~300 it's all we really needed for a cheap blaster.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Two out of three of  my ARs are M1S parts.

The top one  has an M1S upper (heavily modified after the fact. )

The middle one is a complete M1S Dissy kit (with my MEGA lower)

The bottom one is not M1S at all.

I've been happy with their products and service so far.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I've built with M1S; always had quick shipping, always got what I ordered, but... I approach their products as true kits.  I usually go over everything and disassemble/reassemble it.  Now that they raised their prices, I'll probably go J&T or something on my next build.  In fact, I now am advisor for an ROTC rifle team, so I might take advantage of RRA's discount for that.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I have only built one of their kits, no problems.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#19]
My only complaints aer the bolt cam pin started to show heavy wear at about 500 to 600 rounds and the barrel I bought was not chromed.  The chamber was too rough to provide good extraction so I polished it and bought a DPMS TiN cam pin and all is good now.  My gas key is still tight....I need to look at that......

Thanks for the thread,
Targethunter Out
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top