Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2006 8:17:55 AM EDT
I have been looking at the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T for my next builder, but I was wondering if any other scope companies make a comparable close-range tactical scope like this one? There are so many sciope companies today, I was wondering if you guys knew of any others?

I have tried EOTECH and Bushnell holo sights and I have an ACOG right now, but I want something different, let me know or make a comparison.

Thanks Again!  -Justin
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]
looked at a Trijicon Accupoint TR21?  1.24-4x24 , ive got one on my Beowulf AR, and love it.
mounted on a LaRue SPR-E, flat top upper
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#3]
IOR makes really awesome CQ/T type scopes....they are a little "Eastern European" looking, but I love them and they are excellent optics. If you can get past the "Drag" PSO looks, then check 'em out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Schmidt Bender PMII Short Dot
Meopta Meostar
Kahles Helia CSX
Trijicon "Accupoint Replacement"
Horus Talon

All are pretty good alternatives to the CQT.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the options, I have to check these all out!

-Justin
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Schmidt Bender PMII Short Dot
Meopta Meostar
Kahles Helia CSX
Horus Talon

Add: US Optics SN-4

Just remember you can get into a LNIB CQ/T for under $600, and it comes with a solid (not spectacular) rail mount. Some of the scopes listed are similar in price, some are way, way more expensive (Short Dot!), and AFAIK none come with a mount.

Have fun finding the right scope for you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Whoa, I caught that. What do you mean by "Accupoint Replacement"? What is in the works? I hear this of course 1 day after I get an Accupoint that I debated about buying for over a year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I want a tough, compact, fixed 3x with an illuminated dot reticle that doesn't cost $1000.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want a tough, compact, fixed 3x with an illuminated dot reticle that doesn't cost $1000.

Something like this?

I'm looking for something similar as well, so if you get one let us know how you like it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like this?

I'm looking for something similar as well, so if you get one let us know how you like ithr

I have one here in Iraq, and I've used it to engage targets out to around 350m with my M16/M203.  I've also found that at CQB distances, the IOR CQB reticle   works very well.  Some people have had eyerelief difficulties, but I've not had any problems!

Best $600 I've ever spent.

I've also got the Valdada IOR M2 for .223, has a BDC dial on it, CQB reticle, 4x.  Not as compact, but I actually like it better than the 3x25 for some missions (DM stuff mostly).  $330 or so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like this?

I'm looking for something similar as well, so if you get one let us know how you like it

I have one here in Iraq, and I've used it to engage targets out to around 350m with my M16/M203.  I've also found that at CQB distances, the IOR CQB reticle   works very well.  Some people have had eyerelief difficulties, but I've not had any problems!

I've also got the Valdada IOR M2 for .223, has a BDC dial on it, CQB reticle, 4x.  Not as compact, but I actually like it better than the 3x25 for some missions (DM stuff mostly).  $330 or so.

Thanks for the input, Phoebus! If you dont mind me asking, was it a personal purchase, or are IOR optics issued in the 'sandbox'?

Thanks, and stay safe, man!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like this?

You know, I have not been in combat, but I thought this IOR 3X25 looked like a decent piece of kit.

About a year ago I made a post on the optics forum saying so and the ACOG Kool Aid drinkers were all over it like stink on shit.

Well, what do you know.  Someone with real world experience actually like it.  Unlike most of the keyboard commandos around here who can't seem to be able to evaluate something on its merits and whose only reasoning is "if Uncle Sam doesn't use it, it ain't shit".
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like this?

I'm looking for something similar as well, so if you get one let us know how you like ithr

Thanks for the input, Phoebus! If you dont mind me asking, was it a personal purchase, or are IOR optics issued in the 'sandbox'?

Thanks, and stay safe, man!

Personal purchase.  I was issued an Aimpoint CompM2, but as a designated marksman I was supposed to have an ACOG.  One snafu after another kept me from getting one, until one day I was in an overwatch trying to shoot hajis at 350m with a red dot.  I decided then and there that I had plenty of money to buy what I needed.  Plus, now I have new toys to put on my personal rifles when I get home!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for all your help guys!  I went with the IOR Valdada CRT 1.1-4x26  Tactical scope  I got it NIB for $550 shipping included.  I couldn't pass it up!  Tell me what you think!

http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03k
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top