Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 8:11:23 AM EDT
Now I have been getting replies from different folks as to "mixing" uppers and lowers.

Please tell the pros & cons of doing this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see any big deal about it as long as they fit and function properly it should all be good.h.gif

Pros: you get exactly what you want.

Cons: some are not true to mil-spec
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
None of mine match.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
None of mine match anymore.
Over here in Iraq i see quiet a few M16's that have been overstamped from A1 to A2. I can pretty much bet the upper is a different brand than the lower.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Other than color match, there's no con.

If you have only one lower and want multiple uppers, you can have as many uppers as you want.

Unless you have a specialized upper and/or lower, like have light weight JP equipment (light carrier, speed hammer and light springs) in either or both, there's no issue with swapping standard equipment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on you get what you want, and most function as good as any colts or bushmasters around
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top