Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:00:46 AM EDT
Gentleman I need some advice. I have a RRA CAR A2 w/ standard mid length handguards, I have installed a Tactical rail on the lower side for bipod mount and would like to have the option of mounting some optics to the rifle also. Can I install the same tactical mount on the upper side of the hand guard or should I install the optics mount in the machined hole in the carry handle? Where can I find the carry handle mount?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't mount optics on handguards.  handguards wiggle and bend, even if you might not notice it, they do.  that will shift your POA giving you less than desired results.  If getting another upper (a flattop) is not an option for you, the second best choice would be to mount on the carry handle using one of the mounts that attaches with the little hole your talking about...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find the mount for that carry handle configuration? I have been looking at the Bravo Co. site and can't find one there and I've also been looking at the Flattop uppers. Oh the decisions that gun nuts have to make this must be what women feel like when they go to get their hair done.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Check this link.

The ARMS #02 mount in s the first one listed and the #39 is about halfway down the page.

ARMS Carry Handle Mounts

Although, I would recommend using a vendor that supports this site.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top