Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:01:48 PM EDT
I figure enough of the units are in use that a status check is in order.

How is your trigger pack holding up with regular/heavy use? Is it mataining its pull weight & reliability with a high round count?  Are any issues manifesting themselves with time & use?

I know that they are good triggers out of the wrap, but how are they standing up to hard, real world use?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You do know that the CM triggers are currently out of production due to QC problems.  From what I have been told, they should be available again in a few months.  I didn't feel like waiting, and opted for a non-adjustable JARD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You do know that the CM triggers are currently out of production due to QC problems.  From what I have been told, they should be available again in a few months.  I didn't feel like waiting, and opted for a non-adjustable JARD.

I did not know this. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
i have two and one with around 5k through it and it breaks a bit nicer but still the same as it was when new.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not know this. Thanks for the info.

Me either...

FWIW I have not had any problems with mine but I only have a couple of hundred roungs through it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the updates. I was thinking about using one in the build I'm planning for when I get home from Iraq, but they have eight more months to iron the bugs out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Great, I just ordered a large pin CM for my 6724 from Dawson Precision, and they said it will be put on backorder, but were expecting a shipment by the end of this month. Looks like I might have a longer wait then expected.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 1800 rounds through mine in the past 2 days.

Single Stage Curved, and it's running great. It's holding up way better than expected.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would doubt it would be QC problems,  I'm hearing(in the industry) he cant make them fast enough for the market.

I was told that the EDM shop that makes the parts for CM was having problems maintaining spec on the parts, which was causing problems with the assembled trigger group.  I was told that CM was changing EDM shops, and that start-up was going to delay availability by a couple of months.

I'm not a member of "the industry", I'm just passing on the information I was given.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
2  straight  single stage -
2000 atleast through each  not problems - they work perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
2  straight  single stage -
2000 atleast through each  not problems - they work perfectly.

If my current one holds up, I'll be ordering a few more Straight Single Stage trigger packs. That's what I wanted originally, but there weren't any available
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
2 months?

crap...I have to put up with my factory (and I'm not makign this up) 10.3 to 12.6 standard trigger for 2 more months......ugh!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
CK:
You don't have to wait for Dawson, just check in with the guys at PK Tactical.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/start.aspx

They dont have the single staged curved but they have the straight trigger at phenomenol prices. Plus they offer a KNS anti walk pin upgrade. People shooting IPSC or three gun, Dawson is the giveaway, prefer the single stage straight trigger anyway, which they have in stock.

These are your guys. Cancel the Dawson Order, stick with them for IPSC pistols. I bought my McCormick for IPSCX Tac Class AR-15 made by Al Zitta - a ZM  LR 300 Gas Trap Carbie, Leupold Mark 4 CQT on top with JP Quik site anglles mounted, once the trigger is in, I am ready to rock n roll.

Thanks,
jkushner1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top