Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:48:00 PM EDT
I'm thinking of building a new upper.
Any pictures with the DPMS Glacier Guard, CAR handguard and the Single/double heat shield M4 handguard?

I already have a lightweight barrel and looking at a lightweight handguard?  How much does Glacier Guard weigh?  Does it have similar diameter with the classic CAR handguard?

On pictures, it seemed that Glacier guards and M4 handguards have similar diameter or circumference.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody has any experience on the DPMS Glacier Guard?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
tag

The Glacier Guards appear to be 100% polymer. DPMS' grammar sucked the big one when it came to describing its weight. They talk about it as if its saving weight but its 0.5 lb versus the standard 0.4 lb HGs.

So how well do the Glacier Guards work? I haven't seen any reviews/comments on ARFCOM so I'm guessing no one uses them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Something about not having heat shields just doesn't seem right.  I'd rather pay the same price or even cheaper and get handguards with heat shields but that's just me.  They are also named "glacier" and what do glaciers do? They melt,  just like handguards without heat shields.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top