Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 11:30:43 AM EDT
I can't seem to find the link.  Can anyone post it for me?

I am looking for the directions for trimming the spring and bending the other spring.  I can't remember which spring I am supposed to do which on.

Thanks,
Eric
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I can't seem to find the link.  Can anyone post it for me?

I am looking for the directions for trimming the spring and bending the other spring.  I can't remember which spring I am supposed to do which on.

Thanks,
Eric

This one?  

15 min trigger job
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Pony up the dough for membership and then use the archive server.

www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

Here you go cheap ass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Here you go cheap ass.

Thanks.  

I had a membership for the last could of years, but have not got around to re-uppng it.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The 15 minute trigger job should be banned from this site... Its not safe and could cause more harm than good...

If your wanting to improve your trigger pull then do it the right way... Get a new one or have your existing one professionally tuned...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go cheap ass.

Thanks.  

I had a membership for the last could of years, but have not got around to re-uppng it.  

There are plenty of members here who are useless tools.  Its the quality of the information posted, not the title or post count that matters.

Pony up on knowledge, help other people, then support the site.

Go for the trifecta.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Spend $10 and do it right the first time:

Reduced Power Spring Kit
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Won't a case of M193 / M855 take care of all the needed polishing or is this not the case with AR's?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Won't a case of M193 / M855 take care of all the needed polishing or is this not the case with AR's?

The last 5 cases have not.  I have done this several times and was please with the results.  

Thanks for the links, I git it taken care of.

Echap
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]
If the geometry of the trigger does not change, you won't be improving the pull that much (actually very little). Even less its  creepyness.
Lowering the spring force on a standard trigger is more likely to create ignition problems than anything IMHO.
Without making any change to the trigger you can try to remove the trigger spring, arm the hammer (you'll need to push the trigger forward to help the sear engagement) and try the pull.
Notice how all the triggers that have (or that can be tuned to have) feather-weight pull moved the point where the hammer engage the trigger on the back of the hammer and up on the trigger, so that 1) the force that the hammer exercise on the trigger passes through the trigger pin axis (reduce the force's moment) 2) the force that the trigger pull applies to the hammer-trigger surface is almost parallel to the surface itself (reducing the normal component minimize the friction).
When you have brought to almost zero the intrisic trigger pull, then you can upload the user-experienced one to a srping and make it tunable.
If you go ahead and try to change the existing spring, I'd suggest that you buy replacement ones so that you won't waste a trip to the range in case it won't function correctly

- Ice
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top