Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 12:22:28 AM EDT
Sorry it is my first post here...
My background:
  2.5 years T.W.A.T. counter terrorism unit. (E-5 rate)
  12 years Texas L.E.O.
  I hated the M-16A2
  Operationaly I preferred the HKG3 or M4 Supressed depending upon mission parameters

My situation:
  I sustained a spinal injury...neck...aint good. I have little strength in my right arm and can only hold an          
  M4 on target for a limited period of time. As you know this is the lightest of battle rifles or carbines.
  So my beloved HK91 is out of the picture, as is the AR-10. for now...
haveI was not at all impressed with the quality of the Colt reciever.

I am looking for a flat top reciever, weaver gas block (no front sight) to mount flip up sight on.
I want a heavy or M4 profile 16" barrel and a FORGED lower. (I still wish we were buying titanium AR's given the prices we are paying for beer can material)

So which one? Best springs? Best bolts? Tightest? Extractor probs? Whats the best gun for me guys?

hence the question. Armalite Wilson RRA or LB
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#1]
you could get a custom rifle build for about the same as some of the rifles you are deciding on.

get with one of the dealers here and see what they can do for you.

dennysguns
adcofirearms
jtac
gandrtactical
mstn

all located in the equipment exchange or industry forum
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Les baer is a custom rifle, I own one and after buying and shooting it I wouldnt get rid of it for anything!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on your experience and apparent focus on what you want, I'd recommend hooking up with MTSN (a board sponsor and listed in the Industry Forum here) and share your "wish List" with him

He is a premium custom builder with credits reaching to nearly all current and many past battlefields - here and abroad

The challenge with Les Baer, or Wilson - the two top dollar options you listed - is that you would likely still have to modify their configuration.

to boil it down............ get a semi-custom number from Wes @ MTSN - he will fix you right up and likely do so for around the same money those others cost

good first post.

welcome to AR15.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
..........answer to your question.............ARMALITE....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry it is my first post here...
My background:
  2.5 years T.W.A.T. counter terrorism unit. (E-5 rate)
  12 years Texas L.E.O.
  I hated the M-16A2
  Operationaly I preferred the HKG3 or M4 Supressed depending upon mission parameters

My situation:
  I sustained a spinal injury...neck...aint good. I have little strength in my right arm and can only hold an          
  M4 on target for a limited period of time. As you know this is the lightest of battle rifles or carbines.
  So my beloved HK91 is out of the picture, as is the AR-10. for now...

I have owned a Colt LEO model A2 that was highly custom. 16" fluted, JP internals, break, etc.
I was not at all impressed with the quality of the Colt reciever.

I am looking for a flat top reciever, weaver gas block (no front sight) to mount flip up sight on.
I want a heavy or M4 profile 16" barrel and a FORGED lower. (I still wish we were buying titanium AR's given the prices we are paying for beer can material)

So which one? Best springs? Best bolts? Tightest? Extractor probs? Whats the best gun for me guys?

hence the question. Armalite Wilson RRA or LB

Take a strong look at Denny`s 16 inch recon build upper and build your own RRA lower with Dennys
LMT 2 stage trigger and KNS pins.  Dennys also has the stag lower parts kits.  Call Denny and talk with him on the phone.  Do not e-mail him pick up the phone.  Stay away from Les B and Wilson.  Not because they have bad products.  Because Denny can make a custom upper to suite your needs.    

Dennys is not the only good AR builder on the board but he specializes in the 16 recon build I think your looking for.  If it was 18 SPR I would say G&R Tactical, if 20 Vartac  Jtac.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top