Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:16:44 PM EDT
I've searched and searched (even off of this site) tonight & can't come up w/ the specs on the rifle he used in the 'famous' Najaf video.  I saw the pic of his rifle but the specs are WAY too small to read.  Can anyone give me an idea of what he has there?  A bigger pic of it maybe?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, maybe you could just shoot him an IM or something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
For chists sake, you act like he's a damn rockstar and you want to wear the same pants and sunglasses the does.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For chists sake, you act like he's a damn rockstar and you want to wear the same pants and sunglasses the does.

+1

Build your own.  Who cares what he used?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

this is the tech forums for christ sakes, maybe he just wants to *know* ? Is that too much to ask? Hell no.

No reason to jump all over the guy like white on rice....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno...those glasses are a bit corny...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not having "rock star" thoughts.  I'm not looking to create a SimplyDynamic clone - I'm a newb to the AR world & am curious what he was using.  Somebody is wearing tight panties, huh?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
im glad theres no video from my contract tour floating around, i kinda feel bad for SD having so many guys turn teh ghey for him. i still get the occasional email asking if i can get MARPAT for arfommers ive never met. a few have asked me stupid shit like would i sell them a ghillie, or can i make them a hogs tooth or can i send them pictures. for simplydynamics sake all these gay love threads should be locked immediately.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys are something else.  IMHO, you're acting like a bunch of jealous b!tch3s b/c people are curious about somebody's gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe he said it was pretty much a stock Bushmaster.  

The barrel is 20" Gov. profile.  I can't remember if it's chrome lined or not though, or the twist rate.  It obviously sports an ARMS S.I.R rail system, a Leupold scope, and ARMS #22 rings.  

If he sees this thread I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you about the particulars of that rifle.  Travis is a straight shooter. (pun intended)

ETA:  I just read your response and since you're a new guy to the AR world, I suggest you search and read alot on this site (especially this site) before you start posting.  When you figure out what you want out of your rifle then you can build one to your specs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]
You should have just emailed or IM'd him to avoid all the bullshit here. He is a great guy to talk to and I am sure he will have no problem telling you all about his rifle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Being new here - I didn't know if it was ok to contact people direct or not.  I'll do that I guess - sorry for the probs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I believe he said it was pretty much a stock Bushmaster.  

The barrel is 20" Gov. profile.  I can't remember if it's chrome lined or not though, or the twist rate.  It obviously sports an ARMS S.I.R rail system, a Leupold scope, and ARMS #22 rings.  

If he sees this thread I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling you about the particulars of that rifle.  Travis is a straight shooter. (pun intended)

ETA:  I just read your response and since you're a new guy to the AR world, I suggest you search and read alot on this site (especially this site) before you start posting.  When you figure out what you want out of your rifle then you can build one to your specs.

Since when are Bushmasters issued to soldiers in Iraq...? I'd think that it's a Colt or FN M16A4 w/ the toys you listed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#13]
he is a contractor, many of them use bushmasters

anyway, im just saying that a lot of good members have been driven away by this stuff. P. Rogers and Coldblue come to mind. 2 excellent users who curtailed their presence here because it just got piled too deep.

welcome to the disease, in a few years time you will have many ARs
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Since when are Bushmasters issued to soldiers in Iraq...? I'd think that it's a Colt or FN M16A4 w/ the toys you listed.

Never...not that I know of.  But, Travis was working as a contractor for Blackwater at that time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the welcome - I received my first a few days ago - the 2005 SEBR.  I'm buying sight equipment for it now.  To be quite honest, I have no idea what I have! ;-)

-robert
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
More info in this thread: AR Discussions •  Does Blackwater use Bushmaster rifle in Iraq?

ETA: SIMPLYDYNAMIC weighs in on pages 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
A friend of mine was in Iraq for BW about a year ago. He says they were issued semi only 11.5" Bushmaster AR15's. At the time he said most left them in the vehicle and aquired AKs and such.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks for the welcome - I received my first a few days ago - the 2005 SEBR.  I'm buying sight equipment for it now.  To be quite honest, I have no idea what I have! ;-)

-robert

Check out the Colorado hometown forum.  I imagine there's someone near you who would be glad to meet up for a shoot and help you out, there's probably a tacked thread just for "get togethers."  It would also give you an opportunity to check out the gear other people are using and see if you like it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
its very sad how in love people are with him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
because some of them havent done anything on their own. its a vicarious experience for them. and i dont mean the originator of this thread, he a curious n00b and i hope he enjoys the new hobby.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
He asked what the specs were on his rifle. I see that happen one hundred times a day to one hundred other members, so why are you guys whining like little girls.

He likes the set up and wants to know more about it, big fucking deal. Quit shitting on his thread and keep the childish bullshit in general discussions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't he just mention them in that other thread? Bushmaster, 20" 1/7 gov't profile, ARMS SIR.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top