Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:24:46 PM EDT
I have talked to a guy who has a Colt for sale. He says it is marked Sporter Match H-bar and is a small pin lower?? It is a full length A2 with black A2 stock. 3000 rounds thru it.
What would this rifle be worth?
He also says he has 19 30 round mags and 14 20 rd. mags marked K Industries?
The deal comes with everything above and 800 rounds of M193, a cleaning kit, 3 ammo cans, a soft case, Eagle LBV camo vest and 4 speed loaders (not LULA).

What would be a reasonable price too pay for all of this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
pre or post configuration?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
pre or post configuration?

No bayo lug but it has a birdcage FH. He says it is a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If its a sporter I am going to asume its pre ban with no lug. I am also going to assume the magazines are ok magazines. If I was selling that I would list it for 1300 or less if its a friend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be easier if you posted the asking price and we could say yes or no.

I would say

$350-400 for the mags
$150 for the ammo
$125  for the vest, loaders, cans, case, etc?
$800 for the rifle
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
He wants $1000 for all of it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He wants $1000 for all of it!

What's his phone #?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If its a sporter I am going to asume its pre ban with no lug. I am also going to assume the magazines are ok magazines. If I was selling that I would list it for 1300 or less if its a friend.

$1300 for just the rifle or the whole package?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It will be sear blocked with oversized fire control pins, worth nothing to me.

Good thing you posted. He may never been able to come up with a value without finding out that it's worth nothing to you.

ETA: probably in the neighborhood of $750-$800. The accessories I would calculate differently depending on condition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1300 for just the rifle or the whole package?

The whole package. If he only wants 1k for
everything buy it now!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Your posts are worth nothing to me.

While you really cannot put a hard price on the mags and the other stuff, if it's a FTF deal, no paperwork and you like it, then it's a good deal.

Me personally, I would try to get it for between $850-$950.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I hear you D_H.   However, I recently took a used but in excellent shape Colt post ban large hole w/  sear block lower minus the BSA and traded it + $200 for two BFI complete lowers... This was to a dealer.  There's still folks out there that don't care what *it* is as long as *it* has the markings they're looking for.

IMHO, there's definately a difference between Colt AR15s & the Colt crap they produced later.  With all the accessories- it may be a fair deal, eventually.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear you D_H.   However, I recently took a used but in excellent shape Colt post ban large hole w/  sear block lower minus the BSA and traded it + $200 for two BFI complete lowers... This was to a dealer.  There's still folks out there that don't care what *it* is as long as *it* has the markings they're looking for.

IMHO, there's definately a difference between Colt AR15s & the Colt crap they produced later.  With all the accessories- it may be a fair deal, eventually.

Sly

Hell..I would have traded you my Bushmaster lower and gave you money to boot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your posts are worth nothing to me.

No doubt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sly

Not trying to being argumentative here.   To each his own I say but, you actually would value a Colt lower minus the Butt Stock Assembly that much? Repeating, that's WITHOUT buffer tube, buffer, recoil spring & shell @ $400+?  That being the case, BESAFE is looking @ one hell of a deal!

I figure @ the time a complete BFI lower was @ $300.  Which means the dealer gave me around $400 trade for that neutered Pony lower without a stock...  A lower which won't accept standard mil-spec FCG parts, or standard mil-spec uppers IIRC.  I just can't fathom that much interest in such an item. Now a COLT SP1 lower or a COLT A2 lower with correct pin size holes & no sear block, yes- but seriously a Klitonized Colt lower @ $400.   Why?

Admitedly, the dealer didn't have the Colt lower around for long.  As I said, there are folks willing to "Pony" up the cash.  I would just think that a knowledgeable COLT fan would be able to see the difference in a genuine article and some post ban butchered piece w/a fancy name and logo stamped on it.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sly

Not trying to being argumentative here.   To each his own I say but, you actually would value a Colt lower minus the Butt Stock Assembly that much? Repeating, that's WITHOUT buffer tube, buffer, recoil spring & shell @ $400+?  That being the case, BESAFE is looking @ one hell of a deal!

I figure @ the time a complete BFI lower was @ $300.  Which means the dealer gave me around $400 trade for that neutered Pony lower without a stock...  A lower which won't accept standard mil-spec FCG parts, or standard mil-spec uppers IIRC.  I just can't fathom that much interest in such an item. Now a COLT SP1 lower or a COLT A2 lower with correct pin size holes & no sear block, yes- but seriously a Klitonized Colt lower @ $400.   Why?

Admitedly, the dealer didn't have the Colt lower around for long.  As I said, there are folks willing to "Pony" up the cash.  I would just think that a knowledgeable COLT fan would be able to see the difference in a genuine article and some post ban butchered piece w/a fancy name and logo stamped on it.

Sly

Simple...I have never had a problem with a Colt part. I value a Colt lower a hell of alot more than a Bushmaster. The sear block and the different FCG pins do not bother me, I have spares, enough to last a lifetime.

The Bushmaster I have had a canted FSB, from the factory. Bushmaster would not fix it. Fine, screw'em. I got a PRI FSB for it.

I'm more than likely going to part it out and get another Colt. I have 2 and have had at least 10 in the past 15 years. Not one has let me down and I have never had to call Colt for anything other than to check a serial number. I only regret letting the other Colts slip through my fingers.

Call me a Kool-Aid drinker or whatever, it does not bother me, all I know is my Colts have been flawless.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Wrong.

I have a 4-digit, blue label, Sporter Target that came from the factory without the sear block.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I would say

$350-400 for the mags
$150 for the ammo
$800 for the rifle

What if the rifle turned out to be a pre-ban?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say

$350-400 for the mags
$150 for the ammo
$800 for the rifle

From what you described it is a pre ban.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say

$350-400 for the mags
$150 for the ammo
$800 for the rifle

From what you described it is a pre ban.

OK, thanks. So now it is worth....??
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't pay more than $700-750 for a used AR, pre-ban Colt or not.

You can buy a brand new LE Colt for $1000.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say

$350-400 for the mags
$150 for the ammo
$800 for the rifle

OK, thanks. So now it is worth....??

The rifle 800 to 1k and not that I agree with the practice probabbly more in a ban state. As for buying a  Colt LE for 1k even the cheapest I have seen them out here is 1300 and the rifle were are talking about 1k. Supply is starting to creap up so the prices will probably keep gowing down.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top