Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 5:13:07 PM EDT
The trigger on my Colt MTC HBAR post ban has got to go! It's heavy as hell.
I have looked on Midway's site and noticed they offer triggers in large pion and small pin.
Which do I have?
I am leaning to a single stage trigger in the 3-4# range. I also noticed that the Chip McCormick trigger is offered with either a flat or curved trigger. What is the practical difference? Is it personal preference only? Either have any advantages over the other?
Any reason to pick a 2 stage trigger over a single stage?
My Swede M38 and Swiss K-31 both have 2 stage triggers, I think. Both are sweet- light and break crisp like glass. I want my AR15 trigger like them.

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
More than likely it is large pin.

Small (mil-spec) = .154"

Large = .170"

Also, if your lower has a sear block, certain aftermarket triggers will not fit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
More than likely it is large pin.

Small (mil-spec) = .154"

Large = .170"

Also, if your lower has a sear block, certain aftermarket triggers will not fit.

Do you know offhand which don't fit?
Knowing my luck it has the block.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a post ban MT6700 HBAR and it does not have the block and has the large pins.Maybe yours is the same.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top