Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:56:08 PM EDT
I understand the rulings that have led to the California resident rush on Stag and other newer manufacturer's lowers.

My big question is why is this rush become so prominent all of a sudden.  I thought that the California case that stated that it has to be on the list of approved manufacturers to be banned occurred in 2001.  If that is correct, then couldn't residents have bought these lowers for the past 5 years?  Was there some more recent occurreance that I am not aware of?

This does not really affect me because I don't live in California, but I am interested in knowing this just for my general knowledge so I can be informed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
from what I've been reading in the hometown section of our forum is that its taken a couple years of letter writing to the DOJ to get them to admit that yes there is a loop hole in the law that lets us bring in these lowers that are not on the list. Im sure more members will chime in that know a lot more about this then I do. You can always check in the california section for some interesting reading.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Only recently did some CA gunners write the CA Dept. of Justice and get them to admit(after 2 years of stonewalling) in letter form that non-ban listed AR lowers were legal to import into the state of CA provided they aren't assemble in free state form(detachable mag + pistol grip, flash hider, telescoping stock, gernade launcher, forward grip etc.).

The CA-DOJ said they are working on banning these non-listed lowers ASAP, hence the rush to buy before the hammer drops on our temporary "Free State" status.

More info here if you'd like to know more: www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

I personally scored a STAG and DOUBLESTAR to be built to CA-Legal specs until the state say's I can do otherwise.  Shoot a AR, stay out of jail...werks for me.

Here's my babies.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4666/doublestarstag8fc.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top