Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:43:29 PM EDT
A buddy of mine wants to get a RRA Chrome lined M4 with a Daniel Defense rail.  Anybody know if RRA is still backlogged and if they are how long the current wait is?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
they have an industry forum in which there is a rra rep there to answer questions like this one.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you or he order it from RRA direct, or from a dealer?

Based on the Daniel Defense rail, it sounds like a dealer, and if so, he may be giving you a stall excuse.

Of course if it is direct, then you are talking about a custom order, which is usually going to take a while.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they have an industry forum in which there is a rra rep there to answer questions like this one.

I've watched that forum long enough to know they'll probably tell you 30-60 days but maybe sooner. They seem to be big on underpromising and overdelivering. I ordered a CAR4 in late November and got it in three weeks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a mid-length upper on 19 Dec and recieved it exactly 3 weeks later, so 3-4 weeks seems to be the going wait right about now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a RRA NM from a dealer on Gunbroker and had it transferred to my dealer.  His Gunbroker name is Ton80. He has a gun shop in Georgia and appears to heve good prices also. I called to make sure he had my RRA in stock and was told he always has several in stock. You may want to look him up.
Don
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, the best way to find out is to CALL AND ASK
A very novel concept
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If the wait is to long, help him build his own....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait is still steep but the shipments are pretty fat, so snap them up when you see them. The one RRA that seems like it is easier to find is the entry tactical
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know, the best way to find out is to CALL AND ASK
A very novel concept

Yes very novel, also not helpfull. RRA is very good about underpromising and overdelivering.  Which IMHO is fine, I'd rather be told 4 weeks and get something in 3 than the other way any time.  The original poster wanted to know what the aproximate real wait was.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top