Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:17:01 PM EDT
Anyone have any tips for making the front iron sight post more visible?  Some sort of flourescent paint or a replacement fiber optic front sight perhaps?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Paint the side of the post that faces you with flat white, then paint over that with flourescent orange, green, red, or whichever color you prefer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Square front sight post, or round?  

I'm now shooting a square one (due to needing an extra-tall one), and it cuts a *much* sharper silhouette than the original round one... just checking.  I think a standard square post can be found for like $4 online, and even my extra tall one was only a (way overpriced, but still only) $14.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple that I have painted and a couple that I have installed  trijicon  tritium front sight posts on
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the paints I know of will make the front sight more visible under SOME conditions, but not others.  Add in it would make the top edge less crisp resulting in a loss of precision.

The guys shooting for high score usually look to blacken the front sight post (IIRC carbide soot was popular).

If you need to see it better in low light either switch to an electronic sight, or get a light.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top