Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:40:23 PM EDT
Soon a AR is going to join the AK (*cough* better weapon *cough* ) and since most my experience handling AR's is in the Marine Corps, some of the things they've taught me will always be associated with the AR platform.  One of which is pummeling with the buttstock in CQB, would a 6-pos stock stand up to that?  I sincerely doubt I'd ever do that, but I can't help but wonder.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It will hold up better than the guy's nose you hit with it.

At least once.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
It has a fixed steel sling mount at the bottom of the buttplate that would most likely not feel too good to get hit with, but in all reality I'd say that a plastic stock isn't the best thing to be swinging.  I have a metal FF RSA handguard and that'd be a LOT more effective of a whacking weapon than the buttstock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
BUTT STROKE TO THE HEAD OOH RAH

ready
BLOOD AND GUTS

Anyways one way to find out... Please report back to us with your results in 10mins
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Soon a AR is going to join the AK (*cough* better weapon *cough* ) and since most my experience handling AR's is in the Marine Corps, ....

So you were in the Marines, but you think a stamped inaccurate piece of junk with crappy sights is superior to the M16 ?

Wow.  I guess to each his own.  

To seriously do some butt-stroking damage, you need a Garand or M14 anyway!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Rely on muzzle strikes, they work well with carbines.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Beat me to it stick.
buttstrokeing is for wooden rifles, like DKprof said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
So those who kno, how does the A2 stand up?

I've always wondered, if I held my rifle by the handguard, and swung it overhead down on some poor fools noggin, would the fixed stock stay in one piece?

Somebody in the service HAS to have done this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#8]
the A2 stands up just fine. in bootcamp i had a worn out bolt catch and while learning "inspection arms" in the squad bay my bolt would fly forward everytime about 3 seconds after everyone stopped moving. well after the 3rd time in a row the Senior DI came over and grabbed my rifle in front of the FSB and commenced to swing it over his head and slam it into the ground like he was splitting firewood. after 3 hard wacks he threw it like a javelin down the squad bay and sparks flew when it hit the deck and he got right in my face and snarled "good luck qualifying with that motherfucker"  i went 10 for 10 in the black at 500 and was company high. earned a big-mac and a call home  luckily one of our junior DIs was an armorer and that night he took my rifle and brought it back the next morning with a new bolt catch.  but my main point was the A2 will take an incredible amount of abuse and still perform.

the muzzle strike is what sets you up for the buttstroke. with a carbine i think id muzzle strike and pull the Ka-Bar

"taaaake a STANCE"
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Swinging your rifle like a baseball or axe is not a buttstroke.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
A good stout muzzle strike to the breastbone will make a believer out of even the toughest SoB.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Well there is a stock that will not break if you decide if you want to rearange somes nose or jaw or maybe even both

The Sully Stock is just what you are looking for, I have one on my Colt 6450  and it gives you  great balance and the security of knowing that you are not going to break it if you tag someone with it

The Defensive Edge

I'm just waiting for Sully to get some tubes in so I can put a OD green one on my M4gery
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Screw the 6 pos stocks. I got a bushie A3 style 20" rifle (carry handle and iron sights only) for the sole purpose of reliving the Corps days. If I had run into an A2 config rifle, I would have gotten it. I totally dig the buttstroke concept and have split a few heads in Somalia with mine to prove it. I also carried a 12 guage for a short time and I did attach the bayonet! Worked GREAT for crowd control as the Somalis were freaked out by my tattoos and the large bore of the shottie. Anyway...

Go with the A2 stock and live it up brother.

I will get another ar in a carbine config, but I completlely love the 20" type rifles over the carbines. My combat experience is very favorable with a 20" and irin sights. gotta go with watcha know...

Semper Fi!!!!!

NQ
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
A good stout muzzle strike to the breastbone will make a believer out of even the toughest SoB.

Thrust to the chest or slash to the collar bone both work the best for carbines.

For an A2 I think it has a good chance to break at the reciever hindge first while performing the baseball bat attack.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top