Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 12:36:07 PM EDT
Is a  bipod on a 14.5" overkill?  I'll mostly be shooting off the bench at the range.   Bipod won't be a permanent attachment.  Or would I be better off shooting off of an ammocan?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion is that it's more comfortable to shoot off a bipod than anything else. Ammo cans, sand bags, chunks of wood, all that crap is a pain in the ass to deal with and may not give you the height or position you need. Bipods are a great investment for comfort if you are shooting from a table or prone.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has functionality to it, why not?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with remedy, a bipod makes shooting off a bench more comfortable than anything else. I prefer a bipod over anything else no matter were I go to shoot. A rucksack may be more stable, but it takes a lot more effort to set up and maintain the same shooting position.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top