Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:34:51 AM EDT
I am looking at the Carbon Killer/Cutter from slip2000 or the dunk'it from Cylinder and Slide.
Does anyone use this or a similar product. I want to drop bolts in and other dirty stuff.  Could you put a whole pistol top end in or is it to harsh?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
HH,
    The Carbon Cutter 2000 works well on carboned up bolt & carrier units, but it is WATER based. It is also very potent stuff.  Some reports say it will eat its own can once opened. On most really dirty stuff, I use B12 Chemtool carb cleaner by Berryman sold at WalMart. But the Carbon cutter 2000 works better for removing carbon.
                                                                HTH,
                                                                 Carey
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a 16oz (i think it is) jar of Slip 2000 Carbon Cutter, and I find I have to leave my AR15 bolt parts in there for a minimum of 3 hours for it to have any real effect on built-up or caked-on carbon deposits. In 15 minutes, it will take the thin layers of carbon off of anything. It either comes off in the solution or wipes off afterwards. The heavy carbon deposits still need scrubbing. Best thing to do is scrub once, soak for 3 hours, scrub again, soak for an hour, scrub the rest off. Or leave it in overnight. It will take off the finish of some parts though, so anything external with a finish I would not leave in long.

I just got a bottle of Break Free Carbon Killer this afternoon, and I am going to try that instead to see if it is any better at the heavy deposits.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i use eather tetra action blaster or break free
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Cleaning is over rated
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I use and sell this stuff in my store.  It works pretty well for all kinds of fouling.  I use it for my AR bolt and my .22 suppressor.  BUT, like somehere said, if you leave some parts in the solution too long, it will take off the finish.  Also, you MUST lubricate any parts that you immerse in this stuff.  The Slip will allow me to easily brush the caked lead and carbon fouling off of the buffers of my can after about 25-20 min.  I reccomment it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top