Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:56:24 PM EDT
What "kind" of trigger came on a post ban Colt Match Target Competition HBAR?
The trigger on mine is heavy and feels like a single stage trigger.
Did I mention it is heavy?
A friend thought someone may have swapped out a match trigger for a cheap one, but neither of us know if Colt put a match trigger in it to start with. How do I find out what trigger is in it?
Whatever, this trigger has got to go.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that they came both ways. The trigger upgrade was like $75.00 or so extra.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#2]
my colt match target competition HBAR came from the factory with a trigger that was heavy as hell!! about 8#... I live in the Olympia Washington area so I took it to olympic arms and had them do a trigger job on it... now it has a smooth and light 4-5# trigger pull....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The '95 MT6700, aka "Match Target Competition HBAR", came with standard lockwork as fas as I know.  I ended up having a 3# JP single stage trigger installed and never looked back.  These days I favor the RRA 2-stage.

IIRC there WAS a "Delta" model with accuracy selected barrel which MAY have had a tuned trigger.

Paladin
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my colt match target competition HBAR came from the factory with a trigger that was heavy as hell!! about 8#... I live in the Olympia Washington area so I took it to olympic arms and had them do a trigger job on it... now it has a smooth and light 4-5# trigger pull....

HOLY CRAP!!

You took a COLT to OLY for Work!!????

That HAS to be the ULTIMATE SIN!!

It was probably the FIRST TIME a properly assembled AR has ever been in their facility!

OH THE IRONY!!!!

(Don't Let KEN ELMORE find out about this.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The '95 MT6700, aka "Match Target Competition HBAR", came with standard lockwork as fas as I know.

Absolutely.  The markings on the receiver don't indicate any magical competition features.  Colt just had to come up with a nifty name that didn't have "AR15" in it because of the BAN.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. My friend is an LEO and has a Bushmaster. He thought this rifle came with a better trigger but may have based that on the name stamped on the lower.
A different trigger is in my future.
What are the advantages and disavantages to a 2 stage trigger versus a single stage trigger?
Jim
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Colt Accurized Rifle; mine is marked/stamped Elite HBAR though.  I bought it years ago and had the barrel electro polished, because the bore was rough as hell.    I have yet to shoot it.  This is what Colt says, "the Colt Accurized Rifle utilizes an enhanced trigger group for smoother and more consistent trigger pull."  This trigger feels no different than a standard AR trigger group that I polished: looks the same too.  My lower has a block/wall milled in it, which may keep the Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger from fitting.

If you can fit one, get a Rock River Arms 2-stage trigger with the 0.170" pins, which will most likely fit your lower pins, but measure your pins before buying.  I have the 0.170" pins in my lower.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Colt M/6700. The industry wide minimum pull weight for AR15 type rifles is 8 pounds. I replaced my stock trigger with a JARD 3lb. adjustable. Read the directions through a couple times to understand them and then follow each step while installing trigger. Works great. If you buy the trigger direct from JARD it includes the speed hammer.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I installed a spring kit in mine , it  helped .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top