Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:29 AM EDT
Is there a reference for ID ing Uppers? Like what marks are on different amnufacturers upper recievers?
I tried the search function, but no luck.

Anybody help?

ETA: The P M is in the same position as the C M on a colt reciever. It is located in the recess below the sight adjustment knob, with the P slightly higher than the M. This is an early A1 reciever with a FA and no shell deflector. Definartely an M16 upper, as the reciever is milled for the auto sear clearance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I've seen that before, but couldn't find it.

Do you know who a "PM" mark belongs to? It's not listed in that link......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I never figured it out either, when I owned it.  Hope you like the upper, Archer2.

Collin
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this link - the one in the pic may be demilled and the "M" on the receiver removed.

Link
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I never figured it out either, when I owned it.  Hope you like the upper, Archer2.

Collin

Just got to it this morning......sent to my work........must have arrived Saturday

Haven't got around to posting feedback or IM ing you that it was here.

Thanks Collin! Positive feedback posted in the EE

Originally posted by Mongo001
Check out this link - the one in the pic may be demilled and the "M" on the receiver removed.

The  P  M is in the same position as the C  M on a colt reciever. It is located in the recess below the sight adjustment knob, with the P slightly higher than the M. This is an early A1 reciever with a FA and no shell deflector. Definartely an M16 upper, as the reciever is milled for the auto sear clearance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
btt once more
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe that is an elisco m16 A1 upper, made by elisco for the phil armed forces under license from colt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe that is an elisco m16 A1 upper, made by elisco for the phil armed forces under license from colt.

Info anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
No info that I know of.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top