Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:22:18 PM EDT
 Okay guys,did the Colt SP1 have standard .154 pins on the FCG?      How about the Hammer Trigger and Disconnector? Were they all  AR15 Semi style or some M16 as I have heard somewhere?     Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
The SP1 has standard pin sizes. No, to my knowledge, it never had any M16 FCG parts in it. I have heard rumors that the very earliest pieces had M16 bolt carriers, but haven't ever seen one so equipped.

The very first SP1 I ever had, around 1974 or 75, in fact, even had a trigger and disconnector w/the hole and cutout for the spring in a different place than on the M16 and later ARs, so you couldn't put an M16 disconnector into the stock trigger.  This silliness had ended by the time I got an SP1 carbine in 1978.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top