Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:34:04 AM EDT
Yep, just yesterday I saw a 101 trooper who was carrying such a thing.  It was marked "Balimdy MFG Venice FL"   It was not a converted M16A1 like I had seen before, it was definitely born an A2.  I thought some of you might find it interesting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, where did you see it?  I would love to see a pic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They did not make M16A1 or M16A2 rifles, just lower receivers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
http://balimoy.com/Index.html

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
That is most interesting.

A bit of OT trivia...........

Venice Fl is a sleepy little coastal town south of Sarasota, known more for retirees, as a fishing village, and Shark Tooth Capital of the World!!

The locals actually sell/rent home-made sand scoops with a screen to dig and sift thru the beach sand for the the teeth that can come in all sizes - up to the Giant Megaldon teeth the size of your hand.

This one is 7"

Also hosts the Shark Tooth Festival each year

Oh, and M16 lowers?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw it here in Baghdad.  I could have sworn it was "Balimdy"  with a "d"  I even wrote it down so I wouldn't screw it up.  Looks like I did, though.  It wasn't overstamped, or at least didn't appear to be.  That same MFR number was on it, too.  I have seen an M16A1 overstamped and converted to A2 status, also in the hands of a 101guy.  I believe it was a Colt.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top