Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
All I could find was for sale ads for knights parts.

Just wondering if anybody actually has one of the rifles. I've been thinking since I found out that Sig was bringing their 55x lineup to the civilian market that I was going to buy one the DAY they came out... But I've been looking at the KAC .308s for a long time but said no because of the pricetag. THinking now though it'd probably be abotu the same pricetag..

So if any of y'all have one or shot one whaddaya think? I've only shot the 5.56 one, sooooo...... Well go ahead...... What do y'all have to say?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If you shoot with a magazine that works, the SR25 is one of the best rifles on the market. I love mine and would never sell it.  The SR25 is spendy and you could probably get the same accuracy from a DPMS LR308, but the SR25 is much better built.

The SR15's are nothing special. You're paying mostly for the KAC components and the Knight's name. IMHO. Most of the SR15's are post-ban configured.  

Either way, you can't go wrong with any of their rifles.

wp
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to hijack, but Sig 550's will be sold to lowly civilians???  I agree with the assessment of Knight's .308 vs. DPMS LR...

TS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
yea confirmed throuhg customer service by myself and another guy. Check the "pinnical of firearms design" thread..

And I don't care for DPMS

EDIT: I can't spell so don't like copy paste that into the search
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yea confirmed throuhg customer service by myself and another guy. Check the "pinnical of firearms design" thread..

And I don't care for DPMS

EDIT: I can't spell so don't like copy paste that into the search

So customer service from SIG told you they are indeed going to produce the 55x series for us?  I have heard rumors, but this is a little better.  I best save my money up.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
here ya go bubba, to copy & paste myself from hte other thread

Just got off the phone with Eric from sig.... The 55X series is set to be availiable by the end of the year.. Tail end of development as they've gotta change a few things from the current setup. To quote the man "I've seen some of the prototypes (think cocky speach pattern here) and they're niiice guns."

So Time to start saving pennies.

I will have one.. I'll preorder teh fucker like now if I gotta.

now that that's done back to my KAC question
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
here ya go bubba, to copy & paste myself from hte other thread

Just got off the phone with Eric from sig.... The 55X series is set to be availiable by the end of the year.. Tail end of development as they've gotta change a few things from the current setup. To quote the man "I've seen some of the prototypes (think cocky speach pattern here) and they're niiice guns."

So Time to start saving pennies.

I will have one.. I'll preorder teh fucker like now if I gotta.

I'm already saving the pennies.  [/hijack]

TS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All I could find was for sale ads for knights parts.

Just wondering if anybody actually has one of the rifles. I've been thinking since I found out that Sig was bringing their 55x lineup to the civilian market that I was going to buy one the DAY they came out... But I've been looking at the KAC .308s for a long time but said no because of the pricetag. THinking now though it'd probably be abotu the same pricetag..

So if any of y'all have one or shot one whaddaya think? I've only shot the 5.56 one, sooooo...... Well go ahead...... What do y'all have to say?

The SR 25 is one of the "if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it" deals. Yes they are available, and yes, they can be quite pricy. Since KAC supposedly won the SASS contract, maybe a few will slip through to the civilian market. One class 3 dealer had the Navy model as issued w/out the suppressor in the pelican case for like $6000.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#9]
well hell I was thinking you could just order one from them
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I had an SR15 Match for a while.  It shot well, as it should with a Krieger barrel.  I got an offer I couldn't refuse for the lower, so I sold it, then the upper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
damn

I can't bringmyself to pay 6K for an AR when the .50BMGs are out there.... Ah well it was a nice thought.

I'd looked at gunsamerica and figured those prices were some kinda special setup.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Those super high prices are for the Mk 11 Mod 0 military model.  You can sometimes find the SR-25 for around $2500.

SR-25 for $2750
SR-25 for $2950
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
damn

I can't bringmyself to pay 6K for an AR when the .50BMGs are out there.... Ah well it was a nice thought.

I'd looked at gunsamerica and figured those prices were some kinda special setup.

+1

If I had that kinda money for 1 rifle, I'd save up a couple more 1000 and get a top of the line barret
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't see the sense of owning another SR25. I had a pretty rare 20 inch SR25, complete with Leupold Mk4, pelican case and 6 20 round magazines. Some of the magazines gave me trouble, so I spent a lot of time shooting with 5 or 10's which functioned perfectly, plus I wasn't paranoid about scratching them, as they aren't worth 150.00 a piece. All I can say is that its an SR25. It was an amazingly accurate/reliable rifle and everything it did could be done by a DPMS for a fraction of the price. Granted a real KAC has the cool factor, but accuracy/quality can be equaled by a brand new weapon. If you are a shooter, your money is better spent buying a DPMS and accessories rather than a KAC weapon. I sold my SR25 a few years ago and haven't looked back
. Im not a collector, but a shooter and I am served just fine with a DPMS which shoots the same, if not better MOA for a fraction of the price. I still own a KAC SR15, a 20 inch model. 99% of these

are post-ban weapons, however KAC still makes the SR15, infact the State Department issues KAC M4's and SR15's for thier security service. Some non-ban SR15's have slipped out, but you are much more likely to locate a post-ban variant, which is what mine was. I have since added an A2 FH, but kept the original A2 cloned FH which was able to removed intact. Whether the KAC is worth it or not, only you can decide. From an honest owner's standpoint, a Bushmaster or DPMS with the same or equal modifications will offer the same performance for less money. The KAC name brings a premium price, but also a premium quality. The only limitation of my SR15, IMO, is that its a 1/9 twist barrel. For something like this 1/7 is the way to go, but tell that to Reed Knight,

he built it....Bottom line, KAC makes amazing weapons and components, but this kind of quality doesn't come cheap. Accuracy/reliability can be equaled or even eclipsed by other manufactures for much less money. KAC devotes so much of thier energy/capacity to .gov contracts that they are unable to produce weapons for the civilian market in any quantity. Before I bought my SR25, I actually paid a "retainer" of $5500.00 for a Mk11 Mod0 "kit", complete with suppressor. I waited nearly two years before getting my money back. There just isn't enough of thier stuff to go around. Everything is backordered for years, then maybe some of the civvie orders can be filled by over runs or rejects....ask anyone who has been wating for thier M4QD. I like my KAC weapons, but I doubt I would spend the money on one again, since DPMS or Bushmaster can do everything for less....still, KAC makes amazing weapons, and they are worth most of the money they cost.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#15]
again, there's a slightly better chance of me flying like superman than there is of me buying a dpms..

screw it, looks like i'd be able to buy the sig and a Springer SOCOM II For less than the KAC
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
again, there's a slightly better chance of me flying like superman than there is of me buying a dpms..

I have never owned their 308 , but have shot one ,and they really do shoot nice groups.
I just for some unknown reason do not like the look of it
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

screw it, looks like i'd be able to buy the sig and a Springer SOCOM II For less than the KAC

Get a GA Precision AR-10! He sells both Armalite and DPMS. I don't blame you about the DPMS thing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I found myself one but itlooks like i'm gonna refinish it..

How deep is the etching on the side? It almost looks like it's just barely on there like coating it would hide it completly???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top