Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:28:45 AM EDT
How far forward can you mount the 512 on a setup using CAR handguards. I put mine as far forward as possible, with a good bit of the front off of the reciever. When my handguards touch the Eotech and cause the front to rise, I go bakck a small bit so the Eotech is not touching the handguards and mountit there. There are four rail notches behind my eotech. So are there any problems with this, so long as I can make sure that the Delta ring and the HG's aren't touching the Eothingy? The front end is cut to rest on a rail, but only a small portion, much farther back, actually tightens to it. The manual says you need a 1" mount, exactly the length of the tightening peice. As long as this is solidly attached and the front portion has no contact, I assume this setup is fine?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have CAR handguards or M4 handguards.  My Eotech can extend out over the CAR handguard without touching.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using the Bushmaster CAR handguards their uppers ship with. When I slide it on the rail too far, the front portion starts to rise, shifting the back a tad off of the rail. I'll try mounting it as far forward as yours.

Edit- Just tried it, no, my HG's must be bigger, but they are deffinately not M4 oval type.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, I have Eotechs (and a Bushnell) on four AR's, and all have CAR handguards.  Clearance on all four.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top