Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
For my first AR-15, I was looking primarily at the RRA goverment model ...i believe it lists for 2079.00...and it comes with a bunch of extra stuff...should I opt for this model or should I get the chrome barrel entry tactical and slap my own stuff on it?
  thanks and sorry for the newb questions
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
This question comes up often, and most people see no reason to pay higher prices by purchasing it all through RRA.

Buy the complete weapon, then assemble it the way you want for much less.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This question comes up often, and most people see no reason to pay higher prices by purchasing it all through RRA.

+1    Spend some more time on this site and read all the pertinent threads that you can first ,to see if that's really the model that you want.
 Select a lower (RRA or other; some good values from the EE here) and build your own lower.  You can probably find a decent price on a complete RRA upper (if that's the one you want) from someone on the EE also; and put it together and save a little bit.  just my .02
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Over 2K is ALOT of $$$ to pay out.  You could build atleast 3 home built ARs for that price.  Im with the other guys so far buy EE pieces and make up your own.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on everything mention above my reply!!!!

Best of luck
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
My plan is to purchase an RRA Entry Tactical with the options I want and then add sights, lights, and other parts over time. The Government seems like a great rifle, with excellent additional equipment, but I'd like to have the experience of choosing/adding some of my own parts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For my first AR-15, I was looking primarily at the RRA goverment model ...i believe it lists for 2079.00...and it comes with a bunch of extra stuff...should I opt for this model or should I get the chrome barrel entry tactical and slap my own stuff on it?
  thanks and sorry for the newb questions

You are paying for a "name".  The Government Model will not do a damn thing any better than any othe similar sized AR/M-4 type carbine.  Neither your ammo, your target or your trigger finger will know the difference if it doesn't say "Governemnt Model".

It's all about "ego". All sizzle no steak. IMHO!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Whatever you choose, I'd do it before Feb since there is a price increase coming....www.arsales.com for really cheap prices on RRA stuff, call him directly and he'll even beat those prices! I just bought a RRA CAR A4 with 6-pos stock new for $715 shipped
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up both an RRA upper and lower and put it together to make an Entry Tactical.  Same thing but a lot less.  I would say what everyone else said, build it yourself, the way you want it and save a lot of money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think www.arsales.com was the right link.  Unless you're looking for "your premier source for linear motion products".  

I like to move linear as much as the next guy but this was still a little bit of a let down when I was looking for guns...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Man that Gov Model is nice but I think its way overpriced. There was no way I could justify spending that much. I just bought an Entry and love it. But that was the model I wanted anyway. All I added was an EOTech 512 and next is a BUIS. Just check around on here there is some good info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1    Spend some more time on this site and read all the pertinent threads that you can first ,to see if that's really the model that you want.
 Select a lower (RRA or other; some good values from the EE here) and build your own lower.  You can probably find a decent price on a complete RRA upper (if that's the one you want) from someone on the EE also; and put it together and save a little bit.  just my .02

+2

want to save $$$?
get a complete AR lower/complete RRA upper or just a complete RRA AR from one of the dealers in the EE or Industry board (industry sales, adco, eaglefirearms.net come to mind) and put together your RRA

get the rest of your accessories in the EE too

you will save a lot of cash
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]
RRA's the whole weapon or a kit , both are good choices , you can save money if you build it yourself
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top