Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:13:54 PM EDT
Looking at DPMS catalog and really like the M16A2 clone they have, already have Bushy LE M4 type carbine.

Just miss the days of the old school battle rifle.

DPMS any good?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
They are fine, I have several DPMS products, including my most recent M4jury upper, wich runs 100%.
I like the configurations DPMS offers that others don't. I won't hesitate to buy more DPMS product in the future.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the quality of DPMS rifles and parts.  They are as good as any on the market.  Customer service is really good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Third.

good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 DPMS rifles one .223 M4 and a 18" .308.
I love them both.
Got them from Tony Caspers.
He has special prices for AR-15 members.
Anything DPMS makes he can get, even the hard to get .308 Mags.
FINAL OPTION
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Another +1 on DPMS.  The only problems I've had were due to bad mags and cheap ammo...

TS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
fourth on the DPMS

just picked up 2 lowers.  Very nice fit and finish.  Colt upper and LMT upper fit perfectly.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
DPMS-I have 10's of thousands of rounds through DPMS parts, including lowers, LPK's and Bolt Carrier Groups...I have not, though, had any of their factory built guns.

Never a failure. Great parts, and I have never had to use their customer service..

Now my Bushmaster M4...well let's say that after Bushmaster would not take care of the factory installed canted FSB, I will never buy another Bushmaster rifle or part.

Yes, there are those that have had a bad go with DPMS..just as those that have had a bad go with Colt gasp! , Bushmaster and others.

I can say, from years of using their parts, that they have yet to fail me. Nor has my Colts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My DPMS LPK is top notch. Due to the fact I am addicted to building, I probably will never buy anything from them other than the LPK though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I own a DPMS and it has only failed me once and I must confess that it was my own fault.  I ran outside early one morning to take out one of the neighbors loose dogs that was tearing up my yard and as I released the charging handle it didn't go all the way forward and failed to fire.  I am assuming the rapid temp change had something to do with it.  It was very cold that morning and moisture had condensed all over my rifle.  Could it have froze up with the rapid temp change?  Anyway, I missed my shot.  I recharged the weopon and fired about half a mag through it with no malfunctions.  I don't know what happened.  Next time I will ready my weopon indoors if it is cold outside.  I am also cosidering using a different clp.

Other than that one problem, I have never had my dpms rifle fail.  It is of course a DPMS lower with a CMMG DPMS 16" M4gery upper.  A fine upper I might add.  CMMG is second to none in my opinion.

Wes
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
they are tops

i just wish that thier finish was a little darker....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, there are those that have had a bad go with DPMS..just as those that have had a bad go with Colt gasp! , Bushmaster and others.

Like the guy whos Bushy blew up.......
when he bump fired it under water!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for DPMS. Good guns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 for DPMS good weapon and great price
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I own one.  The only problem I had was a failure to feed, but then i switched from those crappy Orlite mags and went with the USGIs and no problems since.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I think that DPMS uppers are first class.  My DPMS M4gery swallows everything I throw at it, and keeps on chugging.  It is accurate, well finished and tight.  However, the chrome bolt carrier that came with it was poorly machined and I had some issues with interaction between the exposed firing pin and my hammer.  I sold the bolt/carrier and bought a Stag enhanced.  

I also have a  DPMS LPK that is extremely well finished and has a superb trigger (for a single stage).  By comparison, the Bushmaster LPK that I originally built my gun with was rough and had a nasty trigger.  

The best deals I've seem on DPMS stuff are from MidwayUSA when they have sales.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I ran outside early one morning to take out one of the neighbors loose dogs that was tearing up my yard
Wes

OK, I'll bite.  Did you shoot the neighbors dog?  Is your neighbor armed as well?  Do you have pets?  Does your neighbor loves his/her dog as much as a child?  Do you have children?

Seems like a very quick way to make the rounds at the local morgue, at least, that is, if your neighbor is as trigger happy as you, and you shot the dog for anything less than physically threatening you or another...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I have two DPMS M4's
one in 5.56 and one in 6.8
never had any issues with either one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I own a DPMS and it has only failed me once and I must confess that it was my own fault.  I ran outside early one morning to take out one of the neighbors loose dogs that was tearing up my yard and as I released the charging handle it didn't go all the way forward and failed to fire.  I am assuming the rapid temp change had something to do with it.  It was very cold that morning and moisture had condensed all over my rifle.  Could it have froze up with the rapid temp change?  Anyway, I missed my shot.  I recharged the weopon and fired about half a mag through it with no malfunctions.  I don't know what happened.  Next time I will ready my weopon indoors if it is cold outside.  I am also cosidering using a different clp.

I hope you kidding, don't you? I mean, I could understand one or two rounds to scare the dog off your property, but actually take him out?!  Man, you need to think ahead when you're handling a firearm.
These are exactly that kind of reactions that give anti-gun lords ground for their argouments.

- Ice

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I own 5 dpms rifles -all have been excellent
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#21]
3 lower parts kits and one lower receiver
100% function. no issues to report.

great finish on the lower to boot!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I own a Southpaw with a superbull barrel and freefloat handguards. 20" cryo'ed barrel. She's a tack driver that has never failed to perform. DPMS has close ties to JP Specialties and their trigger groups are some of the best in the biz.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top