Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:35:20 AM EDT
I have everything figured out with Randall at ar15barrels.com except on my 16" I cant decide on to go with a standard front sight set up or a low profile gas block and a PRI flip sight.  What are your toughts and opinions?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you have at the rear? Flip up or some type of fixed cut carry handle type?

If it's a flip-up, you MAY want to consider the PRI to achieve an unobstructed view of your optics (I'm assuming you are going to use an optic).

If it is a fixed rear peep, then I would assume that a co-witnessed view is not a problem with you and hence can go with a standard fixed front sight.

IMO.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
What I'm doing is getting ready to order a new complete flat top upper 16" from ar15barrels (Randall) and cant decide if I want to go no front sight or F front sight with a LMT rear pop up sight.  It will either use my CQT Leupold, ACOG, or Reflex 2.  I have also kicked around the idea of getting a Aimpoint for it.    Just can decide on which way to go.  It will be a mid length with a meduim contour barrel if that helps.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]

I prefer a fixed front sight...it doesn't get in the way of my TA11 and God forbid the time ever comes that I have to use it, I'll have enough to worry about trying to get the ACOG off and my rear flipped up.  Front sight is already up...one less thing to worry about.

My $.02.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate standard front sights. Don't wanna see nothing but a dot thru the EO.

Unless you are hiding under your bed waiting for the world to end, just build it the way you want.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a YHM fip up front sight and a ARMS 40 rear sight.  I also want a clean sight picture thru my Eotech, but want BUIS in case.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I like having it fixed and there all the time, I practice sighting through my EOtech as if it were a big, square ghost ring, I can hit silhouettes out to 150+ yards with good regularity. This way if I raise my rifle up and the sight is off/damaged, I can still hit well until I can take cover and flip up my troy. YMMV, just my .02 cents, yada, yada, yada....

But if you're not concerned with having a back up plan for your back up plan and so on, then you'll be just fine with a folding front sight.

(On a precision set up my opinion changes because I HATE having even the slightest hint of shadow in my scope picture when i'm trying to shoot tight groups. But that's more because i'm anal than anything else.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top