Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:05:36 PM EDT
I just rigged up a sling through the stock of my 6520 and it slips off the top a bit.  I never seemed to remember that happening with my old stocks, and then while looking at the picture thread it dawned on me why; they all had a small plastic loop on the top to keep it from happening.  Anyone know why they got rid of the loop?  Anyone else wish they hadn't?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
those were perfect for rigging a single point sling out of a piece of 550 cord.  my guess is they were breaking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I cut mine off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the older TELE Better
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my guess is they were breaking.

That was kind of what I figured too.  I guess if I really want one I can look around for a used one or buy the fake one from Bushmaster.  I don't know if the Bushy product works on a GI receiver extension though.  Probably not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You could buy an Vltor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my guess is they were breaking.

That was kind of what I figured too.  I guess if I really want one I can look around for a used one or buy the fake one from Bushmaster.  I don't know if the Bushy product works on a GI receiver extension though.  Probably not.

It'll work in  that it will go on a GI tube---but the hole in the shoulder piece is bigger, and it'll rattle a whole lot.  Stag Arms sells a direct copy of the old type, and you might check w/them to see if they'll sell you just the plastic.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Not at all.  In fact I wish VLTOR had not put one on their modstocks.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont use a sling.. I dont want to scratch anything.. And yes I am serious.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

HERITIC
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You know they make slings with super hard plastic buckles and attachment points right not to scratch anything right? I use a Single Point sling system on my Bushmaster. The two point system they have is called the "Giles" Sling. Top notch, I have one on my Mk14.

www.thewilderness.com

And a scratch? That only adds character. And if anyone is going to put them on my rifles, it better be me!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Model 1 has them cheaper than Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know they make slings with super hard plastic buckles and attachment points right not to scratch anything right? I use a Single Point sling system on my Bushmaster. The two point system they have is called the "Giles" Sling. Top notch, I have one on my Mk14.

www.thewilderness.com

And a scratch? That only adds character. And if anyone is going to put them on my rifles, it better be me!

Nathan

This is what I dont want to scratch. And yes Id have a big hissy fit if I scratched it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This is what I dont want to scratch. And yes Id have a big hissy fit if I scratched it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture313.jpg

I see your point gmt, but I'd use a sling as back-up in case both my clinched 'paws' lost their grip

(pun intended..)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't like it on the aluminum or plastic stocks.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.thewilderness.com

Nathan

Thats why I was telling you about the Giles and the Wilderness Single Point Sling systems they sell... No way you can scratch them with those, no metal components.

And +1 to what Redfisher said... better than dropping her!

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Model 1 has them cheaper than Bushmaster.  

YEP.... and I even got mine in green.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]
"Does anyone else miss the loop on top of the old CAR stocks?"

I don't miss it one bit..............................................because the only stock I use is the old style CAR stock!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.thewilderness.com

Nathan

Everytime you fire it, it gets scratched..............
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top