Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:45:26 AM EDT
I am hoping I can get some help in choosing a new rail system. I have always had a SIR but want something else. I have a 14.5 inch barrel attached to a RRA FT upper/PRI flip-up front site and a YHM FH. I want something that is simple to install, attaches rock solid and is somewhat affordable! Of course the lighter, the better. I intend on mounting my surefire 6P and vert grip. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd tell you to look at Larue but that wouldn't be cheap or simple.

I don't have personal experience with them, but I hear good things about the Midwest Industries rails, such as Bravo Company is offering here. I'm considering picking up a set. Perhaps someone who has laid hands on them will chime in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Your best bet would be the KAC RAS II, especially if you have a 14.5" with Perm FH.  You can install it without disassembling the barrel, front site post and FH and its free floating.  And yes, its rock solid.  You can get one for $275 from the Shot Show Special on the EE.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
RASII.  Easy to put on, with no gunsmiffing required.  it will freefloat and if you use an M68 it's just about perfect.  Just about every other freefloat option is going to require as a minimum the removal of the delta ring.  Others require more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy MRF-C
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Will start saving for a KAC RAS II then1 Thanks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Troy MRF-C

+1 on that idea, I prefer the Samson though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
there is also samson/troy

here's 8pgs of handguard discussion.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will start saving for a KAC RAS II then1 Thanks gentlemen.

Check in the EE for some deals.  I've bought all of my KAC rails from the EE, and have gotten great buys.  You can usually get them with at least a VFG, and often some rail panels.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top