Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:10:30 AM EDT
I am just starting High Power and will be using a Colt Match Hbar.  The trigger is not good.  The second stage is not defined and sometimes it goes off prematurely because of the cruddy feel.  It is really not a pleasure to shoot. I want to upgrade it to something that has that nice crisp breaking point.  What do you all recommend me try. Home fix, or new parts?  RRA Drop in 2 stage?  Or one of those expensive match drop in jobs?  I do not really want to pay more than $150 and I do NOT WANT pins and clips on the side of my frame.  Thank you all for your input.  Happy Shooting

Also, does anyone have a favorite load for W748 in .223 for 100 yard shooting?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#2]
check out the competition shooting forum, in the general section. +1 rra.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think Colt puts 2-stages in their Match ARs.  I believe they are an "enhanced" single stage.

From Colt's Site:
"Also, the Colt Accurized Rifle utilizes an enhanced trigger group for smoother and more consistent trigger pull."
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 RRA

don't the triggers, to be HP legal, have to total 4lbs?

I believe a RRA unit massaged by WOA may be your best bet.

You could try the CMC triggers, but they won't meet your budget constraints unless found used on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Colt sized RRA is probably your best bet.

+1...

And if you go with the RRA 2-stage and you want to get the most out of it, have it polished and tuned by a professional...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I do not really want to pay more than $150 and I do NOT WANT pins and clips on the side of my frame.

I think bigbore gave you the best answer you're gonna get at that pricepoint, but was too modest to give you the link.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Colt sized RRA is probably your best bet.

+3
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks,  I may just have to get one in the next few days!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
don't the triggers, to be HP legal, have to total 4lbs?

NRA/CMP Service Rifle: min 4.5 lbs total pull.

NRA Match Rifle: no minimum pull weight.

There are no Match Rifles in CMP matches, only in NRA Highpower.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a RRA two-stage tuned by White Oak Armament on my Highpower rifle. Very nice trigger for the money, especially with WOA's trigger tuning.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#12]
A large pin 2 stage Jewell trigger would work just fine.  I have put lots of rounds between the 3 of them I have in different guns and I have never had any problems.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have a RRA two-stage tuned by White Oak Armament on my Highpower rifle. Very nice trigger for the money, especially with WOA's trigger tuning.

EXACTLY!!  This is probably the best balance of money and performance.  But, actually, he means White Oak Precision, a separate but related company
White Oak Precision Price List  They only charge $30 to tune a RRA trigger.  I'd guess they'd install it for you as well.

You might also try a Compasss Lake.  I had them put one of their two-stages in a stripped lower for me and really liked it.  When  told them I had a stripped lower, they offered to put the whole parts kit in N/C as well.  They're great people, I've met them at Camp Perry.  They also offer Colt accurizing package (floating the bbl, etc.)  If you're shooting a standard HBAR you might think about them doing the whole thing.
Compass Lake Price List

Welcome to High Power !!!   Check out the "Competition" forum.  May as well check out the "Handloading" forum as well, as you'll soon be doing that too... lol.

ETA:   I just noticed you're in FL...  you really should just call the folks a Compass Lake.  They've given me great advice over the phone and in person, and are down there in FL with you
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top