Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 10:44:02 PM EDT
I just got a bushmaster xm15 e2s with the removal flash hider and bayo lug it looks like a regular preban ar15 to me... can anyone tell me the difference?

Thanks

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
ar15 is colt name
xm15 is bushmaster name

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said. Colt owns the rights to the use of "Ar15" so every company uses their own version. They all have xx15. Bushmaster chose XM, I think Armalite just uses an M and so on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#3]
an ar is an ar
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
an ar is an ar

+1..
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What he said. Colt owns the rights to the use of "Ar15" so every company uses their own version. They all have xx15. Bushmaster chose XM, I think Armalite just uses an M and so on.

"Did own", I think they lost the sole right to use it in court along with the M4
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Did own", I think they lost the sole right to use it in court along with the M4

That would be an affirmative.... "Did Own" is an accurate description.......

All are right here...... XM15 is an AR15.... it is just a Bushmaster designation......

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations on your new Bushmaster, and welcome to the site!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh ok, I thought the court decision only dealt with the M4 designation. But I read the small paragraph at the bottom where it included M16, Ar15, Match Target and so on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh ok, I thought the court decision only dealt with the M4 designation. But I read the small paragraph at the bottom where it included M16, Ar15, Match Target and so on.

Yes, no reason to use the term M4gery any more. Wonder if we'll see the demise of all these other names now?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top