Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:53:58 PM EDT
I have a no-ban Bushmaster 14.5" M4A3, M4 cut barrel 1/9 with permanent Phantom, detachable carry handle, bayonet lug, and six position stock. I have exactly 60 rounds through it since purchased new- bought for an ex-girlfriend who only took it out one day and fired two mags through it.  

What would you honestly say this rifle would sell for? I am guessing around $850? But just wanted to see. Let me know-  

Looks exactly like this but with a closed bottom port phantom:

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f14m4iz.asp

Creeper  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is in new condition maybe. I know you can find brand new ones pretty close to that price. Knowing the kind of shoppers here you will be lucky to get $800 for it ( IMHO only,not that what you have is worth less).
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
So $800 would be fair for 60 rounds through it-  I got it right after the sunset a little over a year ago- but don't see to many with the 14.5" A3 but I guess they are more common now?  Basically it will be going up for sale just wanted to maybe check around, or see what new ones would go for and didn't find any in this config on the EE board so thought I'd ask.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i say its worth 850, but i dont think that many are willing to pay that when they can get something similar for about 700,

bushmaster is a good gun, its just what people are willing to pay
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i say its worth 850, but i dont think that many are willing to pay that when they can get something similar for about 700,

bushmaster is a good gun, its just what people are willing to pay

Exactly. It does sound like it is worth it but finding someone online here to buy it for that is something else. You may have better luck selling locally.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You can always sell it in parts. people are a bit more willing to buy it like that..... I got 1st dibs on the but stock
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on selling it locally. Here you are selling to pros who see M4A3s every day and find it to be nothing special.

Local "sheeple" who don't have black rifle disease might find it to be very "cool" etc.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1 on selling it locally. Here you are selling to pros who see M4A3s every day and find it to be nothing special.

Local "sheeple" who don't have black rifle disease might find it to be very "cool" etc.

I will +1 your +1 on the sheeple folks that haven't yet discovered the BRD
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You got that right
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a no-ban Bushmaster 14.5" M4A3, M4 cut barrel 1/9 with permanent Phantom, detachable carry handle, bayonet lug, and six position stock. I have exactly 60 rounds through it since purchased new- bought for an ex-girlfriend who only took it out one day and fired two mags through it.

If I bought a rifle like that and she only fired two mags through it, I'd fire her ass too!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys- I'll probably sell it for around $800 I guess. I did check the EE board, found mostly Post-Ban rifles in the $700 range. This one at least has the 14.5", bayonet lug, phantom, A3 and pretty much new except the 60 rounds. Maybe throw in some extras I have laying around or something.

I do have a guy locally that wants it for around that price simply because of reason stated above, ordering time, transfer fees, etc.    
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top