Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2006 1:18:40 PM EDT
I have an SP1 and was wondering if the rear sight can be replaced with an A2 sight.  I can hardly see through either one of the holes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have an SP1 and was wondering if the rear sight can be replaced with an A2 sight.  I can hardly see through either one of the holes.

Yep.  Common thing to do.

Get yer' nose to the chargin' handle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
yes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Common thing to do.

Get yer' nose to the chargin' handle.

I should have just called ya...lol  Thanx for the info.  I'm practically chewing the charging handle and still can't see through the hole.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Drill it out. Use a larger bit  with each pass.  That way you can figure out what size hole you really like.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Drill it out. Use a larger bit  with each pass.  That way you can figure out what size hole you really like.

Never thought about that.  I didn't want to do any permanent mods to that rifle and I have an A2 type sight somewhere around here.  But if all else fails, I got a brand new Craft's Man drill bit set for Christmas
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top