Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT
For my version of the A4 I decided to go with the rifle length free float tube instead of the M5 RAS, a PRI flip up front sight instead of the standard front sight tower and right now I'm trying out the Leupold CQ/T instead of the TA31-F ACOG.

http://home.comcast.net/~gocartmozart/Colt_A4_leupold_CQt.jpg

It has an uncanny similarity to this rifle in service in Iraq.

http://home.comcast.net/~gocartmozart/Iraq1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~gocartmozart/Iraq2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~gocartmozart/Iraq3.jpg

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The optic that the troop is using isn't a TA31-F ACOG.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The optic that the troop is using isn't a TA31-F ACOG.

That's my point.  He is using a Leupold CQ/T like I'm trying out on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i love the cq/t.  its better for me than the acog.  i may be the only one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i love the cq/t.  its better for me than the acog.  i may be the only one.

weren't the Leupold CQ/T's one of  the original SOPMOD enhancements?

Either way, they seem to be rare birds in the field these days.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
In any case Molon that's a beautiful rifle set up you have there - nicely done!  Now shoot it!

I'm considering a CQ/T on my next build.  I also like that FF rail.  Nothing like a good modified A4gery!

Quoted:

It's not because it's a bad scope.  Rather it's the opposite.  I think the problem, if any, rests in the illumination.

I've shot an AR with a CQ/T on it before, it IS a very nice scope, IMHO.  It's 1X magnification is very nice and  I find the cheek weld to be favorable.  I do think however it's popularity would skyrocket if the battery life wasn't 8 hours and hosted a red circle & smaller red dot.  But that's a personal preference.

Basically, if EoTech and the CQ/T got together and made a baby, and that offspring in turn mated with an Aimpoint who's bastard son then had an affair with an sultry TA31.... the world would be a better place.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In any case Molon that's a beautiful rifle set up you have there - nicely done!  Now shoot it!

I'm considering a CQ/T on my next build.  I also like that FF rail.  Nothing like a good modified A4gery!

Quoted:

It's not because it's a bad scope.  Rather it's the opposite.  I think the problem, if any, rests in the illumination.

I've shot an AR with a CQ/T on it before, it IS a very nice scope, IMHO.  It's 1X magnification is very nice and  I find the cheek weld to be favorable.  I do think however it's popularity would skyrocket if the battery life wasn't 8 hours and hosted a red circle & smaller red dot.  But that's a personal preference.

Basically, if EoTech and the CQ/T got together and made a baby, and that offspring in turn mated with an Aimpoint who's bastard son then had an affair with an sultry TA31.... the world would be a better place.

I think EOTech is working on something like that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top