Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:25:14 PM EDT
Ok I am planning on picking up a brand new RRA Entry Tactical w/ chrome lined barrel tomorrow. I am going to pick up a few extra mags, already have ammo, but was thinking adding an accessory or two. I was thinking of maybe adding a Vltor, Extended length free float handguard and a TangoDown vertical grip. Or instead getting an EOTech 512.A65/1.

What would you guys think is more important? EOTech or Voltor handgaurd and grip( and get an EOTech later?)

As far as the EOTech goes I dont know much about them other than shooters seem to like them. How do they work? Anyone have the EOTech 512.A65/1?

Is the EOTech 512.A65/1 good? What does it do? I know there is another model EOTech 552.A65/1 that can be used for night vision and is more waterproof but I dont need that.

Opinions? Thanks so much!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are really seeking advice, then here is mine:

1)  Ammo
2)  Learn your irons
3)  Training carbine course
4)  More ammo

Much later worry about bling bling.

G
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Not knowing your prior training I would say go with the EOtech as the first addition.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
cant go wrong with the eotech
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an EOTECH an absolutely LOVE it! I was looking at a bunch of different scopes like aimpoint, Acog, and few others. I decided that it fit me the best and I got it. It's really easy to use and gives you a better field of vision than with the tubed red dots.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, I am going to look at the EOTech 512.A65/1 when I go pick up my RRA. I could have it shipped but wanted to go down and have a  look at all the add on options available and see what I really need or want. I do want to practice with the standard sights. While I like that "cool" tactical look I really want function. The dealer was really helpful and said to just come on down and take a look and see what I want. Wasnt trying to push accessories I didnt need. He has his own personal ARs that I can look at.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
you got the tactical carry handle with your entry tactical right?

If so, then know this.  

If you mount the eotech on the tactical carry handle it will block the iron sights (and the eotech will be mounted awfully high).  If you want an eotech, rra makes the dominator mount specifically for that.  Or you could dump the carry handle all together and mount the eotech on your flat top and mount a BUIS behind the eotech.  

The tactical carry handle that comes standard is designed specifically for the aimpoints (lower third co witness if you use low rings) <-- my set up.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to get VERY familiar with the irons before mounting any optics.  But I don't know your experience.  You may be a very competent shooter already.  Hope this helps.  Good choice of  rifle by the way.  I'm very satisfied with mine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally like the Aimpoint better than the eothingy
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
i personally like your avitar  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you are really seeking advice, then here is mine:

1)  Ammo
2)  Learn your irons
3)  Training carbine course
4)  More ammo

Much later worry about bling bling.

G

+1
irons are tops; best accessories are USGI mags and good ammo

for all those upgrades, you might as well build an AR w/ all that stuff and save some money....
i like EOTechs--unless you got the extra cash or plan on using NVGs, i would just get the non-NVG EOs
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i personally like your avitar  

me to.. it's also my desktop in different colors and my cell phone background in another color I just LOVE strippers
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top