Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:58 AM EDT
I've been shooting for several years, and I have had my share of battle rifles, mostly in .308, but I've never actually owned an AR15.  I decided to pick one up for fun shooting, possilbe 3 gun competition.  I came across this one on Gunbroker just before it ended, and I picked it up for $825.00 shipped.  I called the seller about the components before I bid and he gave me the rundown.

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42080492

The base rifle is a Bushmaster XM15 E2S.  It has a Bushmaster flip up front sight, an ARMS #40 rear flip up, a Bushmaster A3 detachable carry handle, a first Samco grip, Bushamaster front vertical grip, Bushmaster 4 rail split handguard, Steamlight Scorpion, and a laser that the seller said was made by either Steamlight or Laser Devices Inc.  There's also about 10 mags and 300 rounds of ammo with it.  I'm also getting all of the original equipment (I guess that's just the handguards and pistol grip).  

The thing is; I know nothing about AR's or components.  The only component I knew about was the Streamlight Scorpion, which I know is a decent light. Was this a good deal, or did I get ripped off?  I'm thinking about removing some of the accessories and selling them.  I don't need a laser or railed handguards, and I probably don't need a vertical grip.  I just wanted something I could play with and learn the basics of the AR system with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you did pretty good for a Bushmaster with all the extras. When  you get it you need to get the muzzle threaded for a flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good deal to me
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Good deal...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#4]
If the base rifle wasa Bushmaster XM15 E2S Modular Carbine, then it might have came with the YHM 4 Rail Forearm, Ergo grip and a different rear folding sight. I was under the impression they all came with a fluted barrel, and the ACE Skeleton stock as standard.

For the price, I think you did pretty good, it is a fine rifle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Good deal.

Max
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of flash hider would you recommend, and where's the cheapest place to get one?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What kind of flash hider would you recommend, and where's the cheapest place to get one?

send the upper to adcofirearms to have the muzzle threaded and either phantom or vortex do a great job as a flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I paid $800 for my 20" SS Bushmaster A3 over 2 years ago.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top