User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:27:26 PM EDT
Where can I get one?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Free bump.

I'd buy one if somebody came forward with a source. I've never seen such a tool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a loaded round. Cheap, effective, always there. What more do you want?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
y'all kidding right?  5 dolla! at Tapco

How do you use a loaded round to adjust an AK front sight?  You can use it to adjust a standard AR front sight, but AK sights are different, Troy's front sight is the AK style Some people use a flattened empty shell, but mine was so tight, it promptly returned the spent case to its old round shape
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a set of Troy sights from SKD Tactical, and the sight tool was included.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my Troy front from Dennys Guns and it came with the sight tool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag - I need to buy one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
An empty, crimped 5.56 case will work as well for those so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How do you use a loaded round to adjust an AK front sight?  You can use it to adjust a standard AR front sight, but AK sights are different, Troy's front sight is the AK style Some people use a flattened empty shell, but mine was so tight, it promptly returned the spent case to its old round shape

This is the AR forum, right? I gave him an AR answer. He wants an AK answer, he can go to the AK forum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
sure, except the Troy sight is an AR front sight that uses an AK style sight post
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sure, except the Troy sight is an AR front sight that uses an AK style sight post

So why not opt for the PRI sight?

Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#12]
The PRI is larger and heavier and cant be adjusted with many AR sight tools.  It also does not lock up as solidly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top